Beach house access?

For those gathering for the scrapping weekend in North Carolina.
Keitha

Beach house access?

Post by Keitha »

Do we know what time we'll be able to get in the house Saturday? Because that will determine when I leave home: if we can get in earlier on Saturday, I may head out on Thursday. I might even make a small detour or two to add to my Muffler Men sightings. Sadly, the Muffler Man in Havre de Grace was gone when I visited Marianne in Maryland.
pamcook

Re: Beach house access?

Post by pamcook »

Right now, 5 p.m.
I'll call them on Wednesday (if it isn't showing as rented online) to see what time we can get in.
Debi & Mike are watching as well - Mike will be bringing our tables & chairs (bless the man!). Imagine us finding tables & chairs to use and then carrying them up to the third floor!
Pam Cook #48
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Okay, thanks.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I would say to leave early. There are a million things to see and do. I'm optimistic that we'll get an early check in time.
Pam Cook #48
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

I will probably stop at Bodie Lighthouse again. I think that is where I saw the 2017 calendars that I want and possibly a T shirt.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

Definitely plenty to see and do along the way... there's even the scrapbook store and the Tuesday Morning store on your way south... :-)

and there's an outlet mall (mostly clothing stores these days) on the way south, too...

and then Bodie Island lighthouse for sure...

There was someone in the house this past week... I'm sure hoping no one rents at the last minute for part of this week. Will make tables/chairs loading so much easier. :-)
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
BekiWard@msn.com

Post by BekiWard@msn.com »

troublesmom wrote:I will probably stop at Bodie Lighthouse again. I think that is where I saw the 2017 calendars that I want and possibly a T shirt.
You just want to see that huge snake, again. :shock:
Beki Ward
Clarksville VA
BekiWard@gmail.com
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

I doubt that Beki! We saw him when we went down the walkway - won't be doing it this time.
BekiWard@msn.com wrote:
troublesmom wrote:I will probably stop at Bodie Lighthouse again. I think that is where I saw the 2017 calendars that I want and possibly a T shirt.
You just want to see that huge snake, again. :shock:
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

nchoney wrote:Definitely plenty to see and do along the way... there's even the scrapbook store and the Tuesday Morning store on your way south... :-)

and there's an outlet mall (mostly clothing stores these days) on the way south, too...

There was someone in the house this past week... I'm sure hoping no one rents at the last minute for part of this week. Will make tables/chairs loading so much easier. :-)
Locations, please. Especially for the scrapbook store... and maybe the outlet mall. I cam look up Bodie Island ;)
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Keitha wrote:
nchoney wrote:Definitely plenty to see and do along the way... there's even the scrapbook store and the Tuesday Morning store on your way south... :-)

Locations, please. Especially for the scrapbook store... and maybe the outlet mall. I cam look up Bodie Island ;)
Beach Memories 2236 S Croatan Hwy # 5, Nags Head, NC 27959
Fresh Market and Food Lion supermarkets 5000 S Croatan Hwy
Tuesday Morning 5050 S Croatan Hwy, Nags Head, NC 27959
Tanger Outlet Mall 7100 South Croatan Highway, Ste 45, Nags Head, NC 27959
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Keitha wrote:

Bodie will be on the right as you are leaving the Nags Head area. I can't imagine you could miss it.
Pam Cook #48
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Plenty of signs for Bodie & for Pea Island. I must say when we were there last week we really didn't see much at Pea Island. Wrong time of day/year for many birds.

For those of you not on FB we did see this fellow on the way out to the water at Bodie - no where near the lighthouse.
Copperhead.jpg
Copperhead.jpg (140.68 KiB) Viewed 429 times
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

I zoomed in to get this shot and he was moving very slow. Must have had a nice breakfast, also moving in opposite direction we were going.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

looks more like a canebrake rattler... but I can't see the tail clearly... either way... big, venomous, and gorgeous... glad he was heading the other way, though.... no snakebites on a reCreate trip.. ok? :-)
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

That is one reason I want to stop at The lighthouse to see if they can ID the snake for me
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO