ReCreate question

For those gathering for the scrapping weekend in North Carolina.
Trixie

ReCreate question

Post by Trixie »

I have 2 phones with pictures. I have never been able to figure out how to download them to the computer, edit them, and then send them off electronically to get prints. If I bring my laptop, the cords, and the phones can someone walk me thru the process? If so, do I need anything else? This is a major reason I don't scrapbook anymore. I can't get the pictures made into prints.

Judy
Judy Gunsaulis in WV
#91in the order of PAO
nchoney

Re: ReCreate question

Post by nchoney »

I remember many folks wanted to know a little about that last year... so I'll be happy to provide some tech training.

I'll also download everyone's photos into a collective bundle for everyone again this year. It was SO nice to have all of your photos to browse through ... to find photos of me to have for my scrapbook. This is one of those occasions where we actually will get photos of ourselves. LOL
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
Trixie

Post by Trixie »

Thank you! I like making cards, but I do miss scrapbooking. I did ok when I could take the deal out of the camera and take it to Walmart and put it in the machine. Now those machines are gone and I am lost. :cry: I would appreciate your help.
Judy Gunsaulis in WV
#91in the order of PAO
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

I just remembered to grab our little portable projector from the shelf, too.... so whatever's on my laptop, everyone will be able to see.
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
wannabescrappin

Post by wannabescrappin »

Trixie wrote:Thank you! I like making cards, but I do miss scrapbooking. I did ok when I could take the deal out of the camera and take it to Walmart and put it in the machine. Now those machines are gone and I am lost. :cry: I would appreciate your help.

:lol: :lol: :lol: I am so with you Trix..... :drunk:
Find time each day to rejoice in the journey...

Cheryl H (aka wannabescrappin)
#61 in the order of PAO
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Trixie wrote:Thank you! I like making cards, but I do miss scrapbooking. I did ok when I could take the deal out of the camera and take it to Walmart and put it in the machine. Now those machines are gone and I am lost. :cry: I would appreciate your help.
Pick yourself up a cheap card reader for your camera cards. Easy peasy.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

I've no doubt Debi can set you up, but I've got 2 alternate suggestions you might consider: if you open a Dropbox account or other cloud service - if you've got an iPhone I think you get free space in Apple's cloud for example - you can set your phone up so that the photos automatically upload to your cloud service, and then you can open them on your computer. You will only have limited space for free, but once you've got them on your computer you could save them to a hard drive, etc.
The other method I haven't tried, just because I'm an old dog and stuck in my ways. People swear by editing apps on the phone - Pic Tap Go is most popular for iPhone - and then send them to the printing service right from the app. No computer required. I know there are a slew of Android editing apps as well, but as I don't do that I'm not familiar with them.
To get photos from my real camera to my computer I use an Eye-fi card; it's an SD card with wireless capabilities so whenever I'm at my home network the photos automatically upload to my computer. Honestly, I couldn't even tell you where the cords for any of my devices are at the moment.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

persnickety prints has a pretty good deal right now...
Pam Cook #48
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

never mind I just Ordered Tim H misti
I will get it July 1st
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois