CS for nonmembers shipping

What clubs do you belong to, what do they offer, would you recommend or beware...
mpizzazz

CS for nonmembers shipping

Post by mpizzazz »

Has anyone bought from Club Scrap as a nonmember? I'm trying something out for someone else and the checkout page gives you the option of free domestic shipping or a home delivery price of $16+. Anyone know if that means if you pick it up there, it's free; otherwise, you pay the $16 ???
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
jmp1022

Re: CS for nonmembers shipping

Post by jmp1022 »

I have no idea about the free domestic shipping.
But $16.00 is about right for home delivery.

I always have it shipped with next kit.

You can always call them.
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
Trixie

Post by Trixie »

Yes, you have to pay shipping. I complained to CS once because I wanted a stencil that was about $7 and the shipping was $13. They told me they would adjust it when they filled the order, but I didn't like that so I never ordered it. Another time I was going to get a kit, but the price they charge non-members is unreal. So... about once every two years I want something (usually after I have seen it at ReCreate) and a digital member who lives near me, but who will remain nameless, orders it for me. I meet up with her at Hobby Lobby or we go out to lunch and I pick it up. They charge shipping, but we usually combine orders so it isn't that much.
Judy Gunsaulis in WV
#91in the order of PAO
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Thanks, that is about what I figured. No way would they be offering free shipping to nonmembers when they charge members about $10.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
EDelValle

Post by EDelValle »

They were having free shipping this week
Be Yourself, Everyone else is taken

Elizabeth in Brooklyn
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

I believe the free shipping came with a minimum $50 purchase. They do that once in a great while I think. Most other companies offer it all the time with a minimum purchase amount. It's a great selling gimmick. Why pay for shipping when if you buy $100 more it's free? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: A much better way to spend those dollars, don't you think? MFT, PTI, Ellen Hutson and SSS all have some kind of free shipping offer all the time. I like that and typically store up what I want to take advantage of it. CS's shipping charges are absurd and they use SlowEx to boot. Don't care for SlowEx at all.
FARLEY in Sacramento
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

paddlegal wrote:I believe the free shipping came with a minimum $50 purchase. They do that once in a great while I think. Most other companies offer it all the time with a minimum purchase amount. It's a great selling gimmick. Why pay for shipping when if you buy $100 more it's free? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: A much better way to spend those dollars, don't you think? MFT, PTI, Ellen Hutson and SSS all have some kind of free shipping offer all the time. I like that and typically store up what I want to take advantage of it. CS's shipping charges are absurd and they use SlowEx to boot. Don't care for SlowEx at all.
Thanks, Farley, that makes sense. I didn't see any mention of the free shipping deal but my cart was more than $50.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels