The Wild Hare Kits

What clubs do you belong to, what do they offer, would you recommend or beware...
Keitha

The Wild Hare Kits

Post by Keitha »

There's a new kit club in town, called The Wild Hare. The concept IMO is brilliant: you fill out a Style Profile describing the type of scrapping you do (traditional, pocket pages, cards, etc.), the kind of pages you're working on/have upcoming and your likes/dislikes when it comes to product and the owner, Alison Girling, hand-picks your kit from a selection of current/recent product that she keeps on hand. Each and every one is a customized kit, based on what you tell her. There are two sizes/price points to choose from, and the kits are on demand - you order if and when you want one, no monthly commitment. In fact you can order as frequently as you like, and can tweak/change your preferences via the Style Profile if you want or need something different. You can opt not to receive cardstock which is perhaps my favourite thing about it; I rarely use it, and already own a lifetime supply.

I've ordered a kit and can't wait to see what I get - knowing it's been hand-picked based on my preferences. The site just went live earlier this week but already there are unboxing and layout videos on YT from the Design Team if you want to get an idea of what it looks like. They ship internationally; in my case she emailed me with the shipping charges as I'm in Canada.

Alison is a member of The ScrapGals FB group as is at least one of her design team, and Tracie Claiborne interviewed her on Live Inspired last week if you want to check out that podcast. That's what prompted me to order, and Alison responded quite quickly to a question I had.

www.thewildharekits.com is the URL. I've typically shied away from kits because I don't like getting product that doesn't suit my style, so I'm quite curious to see how this works out.
pamcook

Re: The Wild Hare Kits

Post by pamcook »

Looking forward to your feedback on this new club. I hope she's successful.

Totally off topic - am I the only person who finds Tracie & Tiffany annoying? I've tried so hard to listen to their podcasts. I want to like them!
Pam Cook #48
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

They grew on me, Pam.... it's how I wake up a couple mornings a week on my drive to work. So.... it's better than the music choices on the radio.. and not many other scrapping podcasts out there... :-)
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

I recall thinking the first podcast was a bit annoying, but haven't thought that since. I quite enjoy them; in fact usually prefer when it's just the two of them as opposed to when they have a guest on. I will say that I find it amusing when Tracie adamantly states something in a podcast - either ScrapGals or Live Inspired - that is completely opposite of what she's declared previously; I guess that's the risk you take when you put it out there. Or maybe I'm just more cautious to never say never. But I'm really glad they're on; there really aren't m/any other scrappy podcasts out there that I'm aware of.

Now if you want annoying, ask Marianne about Julie Fei-Fan Balzer's podcast :lol:
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Julie has a pod cast? I'm so out of it.

I still listen. When I'm the treadmill, I have to do something so I don't die from boredom.
Pam Cook #48
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

So funny. Just this weekend, I heard two of my you tubers referring to these kits in their process video. I had never heard of it. Now I know why. New!
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

pamcook wrote:Julie has a pod cast? I'm so out of it.

I still listen. When I'm the treadmill, I have to do something so I don't die from boredom.
There are tons of other podcasts out there you could listen to, Pam-mysteries, comedy, history, other crafts, etc.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Keitha wrote: Now if you want annoying, ask Marianne about Julie Fei-Fan Balzer's podcast :lol:
If I really think it will be interesting and worth enduring, I have to turn the volume really low so I barely hear her. Even Ray says, "there's that annoying woman again". And, I don't think he means me!
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

mpizzazz wrote:
Keitha wrote: Now if you want annoying, ask Marianne about Julie Fei-Fan Balzer's podcast :lol:
If I really think it will be interesting and worth enduring, I have to turn the volume really low so I barely hear her. Even Ray says, "there's that annoying woman again". And, I don't think he means me!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Pam Cook #48
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

That's a good one Marianne!!