Orient Express et al... musings

What clubs do you belong to, what do they offer, would you recommend or beware...
Monica

Orient Express et al... musings

Post by Monica »

So... I'm sitting here laughing over how totally different the digi kit and paper kit from CS are this month. I did buy the digi kit, as I have a whole group of photos that will go perfectly with the theme, but I didn't bother to sign back up.... it's worth the $1.00 extra to avoid the hassle IMHO. I would probably sign back up for awhile if they'd do a kit that was *just* the stamps and maybe the stencil, but I can't justify the expense of the kits simply for more stamps to add to the overflowing collection. The digi kit is actually really cool, and I have plans for some 'why I love mysteries' layouts as well as finally having the right papers & images to scrap a dinner train anniversary dinner from a couple years ago. I liked the stamps from Versailles, especially the iron fence from the Stamp kit, but again.... not enough to sign back up!

My tastes are evolving and changing.... and I'm blaming that on the fabulous creations you all post to inspire me!!! :creating:

Monica
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
tlscrap

Re: Orient Express et al... musings

Post by tlscrap »

I'm so up in the air.... I kinda like it, got excited when I saw the digi, so quickly added extra Jr. paper to my Jr. for September, then saw the actual paper kit and went and removed the extra paper.... I love CS, but I'm finding myself more and more going towards Stampin' Up and Gina K. Designs right now... I like patterned papers, not theme, where I have a picture on an entire page... makes sense?
http://tlscrap.blogspot.com/
PAO #8
Theresa Lee
Painesville, Ohio
Monica

Post by Monica »

I totally understand. If I didn't a) have train trip photos to scrap and b) love Murder on the Orient Express (book, pc game, Wii game, movie...) I wouldn't be excited at all. I'm really confused by their choice to go with such differences betweenthe digi and paper... the digi looks so rich and steampunk-ish and the paper looks like they found a stash of Scholarship to print on. Weird.

Monica
Judi in IL

Post by Judi in IL »

I am very disappointed in the new kit. Too washed out for me! I didn't care for 'Scholarship' or 'Chapter One' and it reminds me of both. I guess I got spoiled when we had several kits in a row with pretty colors.
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

Well, I'm back from the doc, and look who I find posting about CS...again! LOL

Oh Monica, you crack me up. I wish we could meet IRL, as you seem like a fun gal...and I LOVE mystery books as well. My favorite!

But, don't get me started on this Sept. CS kit. Grrrrr.
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
Monica

Post by Monica »

pat-czap wrote:Well, I'm back from the doc, and look who I find posting about CS...again! LOL

Oh Monica, you crack me up. I wish we could meet IRL, as you seem like a fun gal...and I LOVE mystery books as well. My favorite!

But, don't get me started on this Sept. CS kit. Grrrrr.
One of these years I'll make it over to your side of the US and we'll have that IRL meeting!! :happy94:

Monica
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

Monica wrote:One of these years I'll make it over to your side of the US and we'll have that IRL meeting!! :happy94:
Wouldn't that be something. :D

Geez, if I click my heels and spin around, maybe I could end up in Washington, I've never been there.
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I went. I looked. I left.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Monica

Post by Monica »

Lol..... that's what I need to do..... or just abstain from looking all together! It's like crack for me; I can't seem to stop looking and commenting even though I no longer get the kit!

Pam, one question for you.... what is the obsession with those curled fakey-looking ribbons??? Am I the only person who thinks they look stupid?

Monica
djenns

Post by djenns »

I decided last month that I'll just stick to the digi kits for a while - unless I see something I really have to have.......I have printed out a couple of images to make a card with - and I have enough general greeting um's to keep me busy for a while......I'll probably try to use up my huge stash and do some hybrid stuff for a while - until I get caught up on the tons of projects and GTG's I have in boxes.......they have taken over my room.

Diana
Monica

Post by Monica »

Projects? Oh, don't say projects! :shock: Lolz! Because of CS, I have become a project junkie! I have two big piles... completed projects and those waiting to be made. Now if only I would devote some time to actually finishing off some of the completed ones I'd be good for gifts for at least a year or so..... :roll: :roll: but then again, there are so many new things coming out all the time...... :tomato:

Monica
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

pbp908 wrote:I went. I looked. I left.

I'm glad I didn't have anything in my mouth. :lol:

Still not happy with the difference between digi and paper.
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
nancine

Post by nancine »

pbp908 wrote:I went. I looked. I left.
thank goodness I wasn't drinking... :lol:
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

It does look like Scholarship. I looked at the ALSB layouts up close and except for a few tracks and some wheel like things, it doesn't look much like trains. What a shame!
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

I know exactly. I was with SU for 10+ years. Still order from them - I really love a lot of their colors and since they went with unmounted that leaves more room.
tlscrap wrote:I'm so up in the air.... I kinda like it, got excited when I saw the digi, so quickly added extra Jr. paper to my Jr. for September, then saw the actual paper kit and went and removed the extra paper.... I love CS, but I'm finding myself more and more going towards Stampin' Up and Gina K. Designs right now... I like patterned papers, not theme, where I have a picture on an entire page... makes sense?
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO