Not sure where to put this but would like an opinion or 3

What clubs do you belong to, what do they offer, would you recommend or beware...
Cheryl Mixon

Not sure where to put this but would like an opinion or 3

Post by Cheryl Mixon »

I need an opinion and I know that you ladies all have them so I'm turning this loose on you. I am considering starting a MixonMatch Monthly Magic kit. I originally thought about doing it in order for some of my customers to get all the colors of inks, sprays, etc if they couldnt get them all at one time. Maybe sending 3 or 4 a month kind of thing. While I'm still thinking along those lines, it has kind of expanded into a bit more.

If you were getting a new product, Dylusions or Distress Markers, for example, wouldnt it be nice to have something to work with it, flowers, grunge shapes, fibers, etc.

So I was thinking starting with new products (like those just released at CHA) and working backwards to fill in missing colors out of collections. This would also be a good chance for you to try a little something new.

So the collections would be inks, sprays, refills, flowers, grunge, fibers, sticky back canvas, other products to use your basic products with and maybe once in a while, have an embellishment kit with things along the TH line.

There would be no 12x12 paper so that would get shipping costs down to a minimum. I've still got some logistics to figure out but I'd love to hear some ideas and suggestions as to what you would like to see if a kit like that. The good, bad and ugly. I'm hoping there will be some reward program in place after so many monthlies purchased.

It could be a lot of fun if I know what you are looking for....so....what would make the perfect grab bag for YOU!?!
Debbie J

Re: Not sure where to put this but would like an opinion or

Post by Debbie J »

That sounds like a cool thing to do. I have been purchasing a few distress pads and reinkers every few weeks until I get all of them. I have all the pads and now working on the reinkers. Would we have an option of selecting which colors or would it just be take what you get type of thing? I already have so much the the sprays, mists, etc, I wouldn't like to get repeats. I like the idea of it being Tim Holtz inspired cause I do enjoy his style.
Cheryl Mixon

Post by Cheryl Mixon »

Debbie,
What I was thinking as far as color choices like that (to keep the duplicates down) is to offer a choice of maybe 5 colors so that if you had a couple odds are that maybe you wouldnt have some of the ones offered. I'm certainly willing to listen to any ideas and suggestions.

I have a source for some cool flowers and fibers...most of which would be white/creme to start with (unless you requested something different) so that you could use your inks and sprays to play with them....you know...some colors and something to color
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Sounds like fun. I would be interested in giving it a shot! I desperately needs those dylusion sprays!
Pam Cook #48
Cheryl Mixon

Post by Cheryl Mixon »

Pam,
That will probably be one of the first sets that i work with. I'm thinking of having two sets going on, in case someone isnt interested in Dylusions.....I gotta figure it all out but it looks like it's going to happen if I can just get some kind of order set up for it....

More input please....good or bad!

What kind of goodies would you like to see? would you prefer full packages (like Tim's stuff) or partials so you can experience more types of things? Speak up now please...lol
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Please don't run the Dylusions and the TH markers at the same time or I'll need to do two kits!

I think fibers and flowers in neutral colors sounds like a good option, especially with the spray kits. And heaven knows we don't need any more paper!
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Cheryl Mixon

Post by Cheryl Mixon »

Pam,
I was thinking about Dylusions and Distress ink pads/reinkers. We'll do the markers all on their own...

I'm really getting excited about this. I even picked out about 18 different types of fibers today from a leaf ribbon to burlap to gosgrain to one that looks like a metallic chain.

I've got to get things ready to ship out the Spring markers/reinkers then I'll be concentrating on Monthly Magic! It even sounds exciting (to me, anyway!)

Any more suggestions or comments will be appreciated!
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

pbp908 wrote:Please don't run the Dylusions and the TH markers at the same time or I'll need to do two kits!

I think fibers and flowers in neutral colors sounds like a good option, especially with the spray kits. And heaven knows we don't need any more paper!

That's for sure on the paper! I don't any of the Dylusions so that would be cool, I also love those Prima swirly pearls and bling too. Some of those wooden embellishments are pretty cool too.
Cheryl Mixon

Post by Cheryl Mixon »

Debbie,
comments noted! all kinds of little things are out there.....just let me know so my limited brain can expand a little bit ; )
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Wood...yes. I love the Kaiser Kraft wooden embellishments. I have a few of the bird cages and Christmas Trees. Just love them because they are plain and alterable. So something along that line might be fun and reasonable. Magenta has similar items made from heavy but nice cardboard. I do like the idea of having "alterable" items to embellish with.

Wood, metal and fibers...oh my!
FARLEY in Sacramento
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Prima has some nice wood embellishments right now. I really like most of Prima's line.
I have enough fibers to last through the millenium. :lol:

Can you only get Becky Higgins' products from her?
Pam Cook #48
Cheryl Mixon

Post by Cheryl Mixon »

Pam,
Which of Becky's products are you referring to? I can certainly try ; ) The worse that can happen is she tells me no...lol I'll pop over and see what's over there. I'm familiar with her Life project stuff but not sure what else is there...I'll pop over and see what I can do with that..
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Yes, the Project Life collection. My girls are interested in it.
Pam Cook #48
Cheryl Mixon

Post by Cheryl Mixon »

I was just looking at that a few days ago....let me email her and see if I can arrange something
tlscrap

Post by tlscrap »

This is exciting!!! I can't wait til this falls into play....

This is a GREAT way to feed our obsession!
http://tlscrap.blogspot.com/
PAO #8
Theresa Lee
Painesville, Ohio