progress in The Glitter Grotto

A great location for discussions about all things organizational. From supplies to creations - how do you keep your crafts organized?
troublesmom

Re: progress in The Glitter Grotto

Post by troublesmom »

That looks great Keitha!

I must say now that we have moved to MB we are close to everything and I do mean everything! Oh, not close to Trader Joe's but I am only 10 minutes to the mall, Costco, Walmart, Bed, Bath & Beyond. Less than that to Food Lion - I'm 2 minutes from that and they are building a Dunkin' Donuts across from Food Lion. There is a Publix about 5 minutes away. Just wish hubby liked it here but he doesn't. :cry:
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

Oh no Cheryl, Why does your DH not like his new location? I know MB is a tourist destination, so I suppose it is more built up than where you lived in NC.

MB holds a unique memory for me. We were there when Eric was just a little guy, and he fell off the bed and hurt his arm. Packed up the 5 of us and went off in search of hospital. Thankfully a policeman was patrolling, and sent us in the right direction.Kind of side lined him for a bit. ;)

Sorry...Back to topic.
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

troublesmom wrote:That looks great Keitha!

I must say now that we have moved to MB we are close to everything and I do mean everything! Oh, not close to Trader Joe's but I am only 10 minutes to the mall, Costco, Walmart, Bed, Bath & Beyond. Less than that to Food Lion - I'm 2 minutes from that and they are building a Dunkin' Donuts across from Food Lion. There is a Publix about 5 minutes away. Just wish hubby liked it here but he doesn't. :cry:
Uh-oh. Maybe he'll eventually feel at home? "They" say it takes a good three years to feel like your new home is really home?
Pam Cook #48
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

nancine wrote:
Keitha wrote: I'll confess I don't get the fascination with In-n-Out Burger, if that's what you're referring to. While in California a few years ago at Scramp Camp a couple of the gals were raving about it so we went for lunch one day. .
Okay, I must've missed something you've told before, but Scramp Camp?! Where I am going next month with my Westie pals? Lucy had to be the one raving about In & Out :lol:
I guess it was a camp I missed? I've missed a few in the last years - heck one year I was even an organizer! What "location" did you attend and who is your "contact" in the group?
Yes, one and the same Scramp Camp. It wasn't Lucy raving although I did meet her; we'd been online friends for years. Diane Ehlers was one of the hostesses. Also met Maria Guzman who I've known online for years, too. My contact/friend is Pat Miller, the year was 2013; Pat doesn't go every year. If I'm not mistaken the event was in Salinas, but I flew to Sacramento and visited with Pat a few days before and after; we were all up and down the CA coast. I was actually pretty focused on getting some pages scrapped when we weren't off shopping or eating, so didn't really get to know everyone there. Pat & I went to In-n-Out with Janette, who we re-connected with when we went to Create in Seattle in 2014.
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Keitha wrote:
nancine wrote:
Keitha wrote: I'll confess I don't get the fascination with In-n-Out Burger, if that's what you're referring to. While in California a few years ago at Scramp Camp a couple of the gals were raving about it so we went for lunch one day. .
Okay, I must've missed something you've told before, but Scramp Camp?! Where I am going next month with my Westie pals? Lucy had to be the one raving about In & Out :lol:
I guess it was a camp I missed? I've missed a few in the last years - heck one year I was even an organizer! What "location" did you attend and who is your "contact" in the group?
Yes, one and the same Scramp Camp. It wasn't Lucy raving although I did meet her; we'd been online friends for years. Diane Ehlers was one of the hostesses. Also met Maria Guzman who I've known online for years, too. My contact/friend is Pat Miller, the year was 2013; Pat doesn't go every year. If I'm not mistaken the event was in Salinas, but I flew to Sacramento and visited with Pat a few days before and after; we were all up and down the CA coast. I was actually pretty focused on getting some pages scrapped when we weren't off shopping or eating, so didn't really get to know everyone there. Pat & I went to In-n-Out with Janette, who we re-connected with when we went to Create in Seattle in 2014.

Wow Keitha I didn't know you'd been to a Scramp Camp either! Last time I went must have been 2012 if that was the Fairfield one. As for IN-N-OUT Burgers...yech! But then that's just me.
FARLEY in Sacramento
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Pat I guess it is just all the stuff going on with this house & the community. I hope it will calm down. Glad you had the policeman nearby to help.
Now I'll let it go back to the topic
pat-czap wrote:Oh no Cheryl, Why does your DH not like his new location? I know MB is a tourist destination, so I suppose it is more built up than where you lived in NC.

MB holds a unique memory for me. We were there when Eric was just a little guy, and he fell off the bed and hurt his arm. Packed up the 5 of us and went off in search of hospital. Thankfully a policeman was patrolling, and sent us in the right direction.Kind of side lined him for a bit. ;)

Sorry...Back to topic.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
Monica

Post by Monica »

In-n-Out Burgers is what I was referring to. :lol: I know not everyone likes them. DH goes just because he knows I do. For me it's a treat I get maybe once a year that brings back memories of going down to visit my sis after she first moved there.

Keitha, I do a fair amount of online shopping too, because the big chain stores don't tend to carry the stuff I actually want for the most part.
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Monica wrote:

Keitha, I do a fair amount of online shopping too, because the big chain stores don't tend to carry the stuff I actually want for the most part.
Isn't that the truth Monica! I have Hobby Lobby, Michaels and JoAnns within a 15 - 20 minute drive (and soon a HL within 5 minutes of me) and for the most part they don't have my kind of stuff either.

However, I still find something to buy half the time I do visit them. :lol: :roll:
FARLEY in Sacramento
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I honestly get most of the supplies I "need" in my Hip Kit. She does a great job of shopping "across the lines" so I feel I get the best of the best current products. However...I do end up impulse buying when new lines come out - just in case, you know - and I will run to the store to buy liquid adhesive (still love that Tombow in the green tipped bottles!) and end up buying just a few things. Then there's Tuesday Morning - just in case. After I posted about how I don't need a warehouse, I couldn't get to TM fast enough ( :roll: ). I bought a 12 x 12 pad of Maggie Holmes Open Book for $5.99, an Amy Tangerine roller stamp, and two packs of the diecuts for the baby boy collection I love (can never remember the name of it). All of that was about $20 - hard to pass up.

So far I'm doing well about keeping supplies put away. Apparently this system is going to work for me for a while.
Pam Cook #48
nancine

Post by nancine »

Salinas, I missed that one. Thst was the year of my daughters wedding, so I was busy that fall!

I think I met Pat once a long time ago when we had a faux Retreat in Danville - all the regulars had gone to CSretreat and those of us who didn't got together for a big day!

I think Pat might be coming this year... it's in Campbell. I could walk, but I'll have oodles of junk to haul.

Maria (who lives in Washington now with Another gal in our group) will be there - I sure miss them.
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

I skipped Salinas because...well, it was Salinas.
nancine

Post by nancine »

ScrappinJen wrote:I skipped Salinas because...well, it was Salinas.
:lol: :lol: