Craft room overhaul

A great location for discussions about all things organizational. From supplies to creations - how do you keep your crafts organized?
paddlegal

Re: Craft room overhaul

Post by paddlegal »

WOW!!! Pat yourself on the back Julie. This is quite a transformation and looks terrific. You should be very pleased with yourself. Like your idea of the document boxes for your stamps. Looks great!
FARLEY in Sacramento
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Way to go Julie! That's excellent progress; breathing is good.
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Thanks everyone! I am still tired today, but I plan to get back at it after grocer shopping, housekeeping, and hopefully a zumba class.

One of the things that I love about the re-org, is the treasures I unearthed. :-) One set of stuff was honestly super embarrassing. I found a stack of holiday cards from 2014 and a stack of birthday cards from 2015, I think, that were completely unopened. :-o I know that from about October 2014 through about March of 2016 were some seriously awful months in my life. Work was at an all-time terrible, and I wasn't the least bit satisfied with Nicole's whole middle school life. Those birthday cards were from many of you ladies, and I deeply apologize for not acknowledging the receipt of those, and not opening them and expressing my admiration at the time. I am truly embarrassed about that. But those cards were all beautiful.

But some other treasures that were found were some swaps that I must have participated in well prior to that. I found a whole collection of calendar toppers, and it took me a while to figure out that they were a swap. I looked at them for the longest time trying to figure out how I couldn't remember making any of those. I definitely want to make a re-usable dry-erase calendar out of those toppers, and soon! I also found an entire box of papers that I was playing with for ATC backgrounds. Remember when we were all using liquid watercolors on baby wipes? Yeah, I found like a whole box of those. So pretty... couldn't bring myself to throw those out. I also found a massive box of card blanks. So I think I need to stamp those up before I make any more cards.

My biggest issue now is, now that I've got room to work, I've got Rob pushing me to do some glass etching for him, and finish sewing the quilted table cloth for the gaming table. Maybe I'll make some progress on the table cloth, just to quiet him down, and then I can get back to my own stuff. I'm itching to do some stamping!
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

Whoohhoooooo!!!! You've been a whirlwind!! It looks super!!
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
fuzzylover

Post by fuzzylover »

Julie, I just re-joined this forum a short time ago and came across this thread. Good for you. Organizing craft supplies seems to be a never ending chore.
Paula

Post by Paula »

Wow Julie, you have achieved a lot of organizing!