January 2013 Card Sketch Challenge

mpizzazz

Re: January 2013 Card Sketch Challenge

Post by mpizzazz »

ScrappinJen wrote:Oh, my, Marianne, these are fabulous. I really really really love them. How did you do that first one? Or did you already explain? I jumped over here to comment before fully reading the entry. I love how you interpreted the sketch.
Thanks, Jen! After I drew a circle to do the wedges like on the second one, I drew arcs around the outside edge with some little round thing on my table. Then I decided to curve one side of each petal. I traced one of them for a little pattern and drew around it for each petal on the origami papers. After it was all glued down, I used a marker to go around each petal. I hope that is what you mean.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Fabulous. I really like the look.
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

I really need to keep up!

Sue I LOVE your monotone card. Those prints are beautiful.

Marianne, wow woman! You hit the jackpot in designs. I really like them all. That top left one is fabulous.

Hey there are a few days left to January. Who knows, if I ever get my "project-craftroom-cleanup" done I may actually make something this month...ha!
FARLEY in Sacramento
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

Wow, I'm loving what everyone did. Marianne, using the circles from Bistro was a great idea. I need to remember that. I won't get to use the sketch this month, unfortunately.
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Hey, Farley, you were correct. You have not made a card for this sketch. Picture me pouting.

Beth, the sketch won't disappear. If you like it, you could always post a card, even if January has passed. Please?
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Wonderful cards! I have yet to do one for this sketch, for some reason I am blocked with doing those circles.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
Monica

Post by Monica »

I'm sliding in at the last minute, but I finally did get my card done!! Woo hoo! Using Prima's Firefly collection patterned papers & chipboard, Prima bling, CM circle cutting system, and Coredinations cardstock. I really had fun with this sketch, and now I have an idea for using the circles and pie pieces as an embellie on a layout, provided I can find and print the photos I have in mind....

If can just get :censor: Photobucket to coorperate for 5 seconds I'll post it!! :angry42: I give up. Sorry for the dark tone and large size.... idiotbucket will not let me use the editing features for some reason. :angry48:
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

That's cool Monica - what a great way to use up a few pieces of bling too!
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
Monica

Post by Monica »

Thanks, Julie!
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Very cool Monica!
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Very very cool, Monica. That's a lotta chunk. Wonder how much that card will cost to mail??? So glad you played along.
Monica

Post by Monica »

ScrappinJen wrote:Very very cool, Monica. That's a lotta chunk. Wonder how much that card will cost to mail??? So glad you played along.
I'll probably end up hand delivering it to someone.... I hate paying for lots of additional postage on a simple card! :lol:
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

And we have higher rates now, too. Makes me love flat cards more! :angry42:
Monica

Post by Monica »

I swear, USPS is forcing more people to go electronic just to avoid the horrible expense of postage! I keep hearing that hand-written letters are a thing of the past, but if they are I blame the post office just as much as technology.
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

You know, the cost of postage doesn't cover their costs though - not even close! I heard something recently that the post office runs something like $25M in the red per day! I could have that number wrong, but I really think that was it. Sadly, it's probably not the cost of what we send that's killing them - it's probably more likely all the crap junk mail that gets a massively reduced bulk rate. I'll bet they can't cover their costs to deliver all of that junk.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO