June 2013 Card Sketch Challenge

paddlegal

Re: June 2013 Card Sketch Challenge

Post by paddlegal »

Oh Cheryl! Your card is amazing. Love the Arabesque Mosaic theme and colors.

I think Jen's sketches always surprise me in that, simple or complex, they make us think way beyond our comfort zone and push our creativity into overdrive. After a brief brainstorming session with myself last night I knew what I wanted to do. Boy I love that feeling...especially when it works! :lol:

The background is a large stamp from Club Scrap's Vogue kit. The flowers and leaves are from Simon Says Stamp's Flower Friend stamp kit including the dies for the flowers and leaves.
Attachments
Jens PAO June Card Sketch 1.jpg
Jens PAO June Card Sketch 1.jpg (25.57 KiB) Viewed 703 times
FARLEY in Sacramento
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

pretty cards
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
Jenni Benni

Post by Jenni Benni »

That is a stunning card Farley!
Jenni Benni
Mom to 3 sweet little boys.
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Farley, did I tell you how much I love this card? And your sweet comments about my sketches? You are so supportive it makes my heart swell. I feel like the Grinch at Christmas time.

Anyway, I do love this card and wonder why I haven't created something with that great stamp set. Best get busy on that.
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Farley I love the card. Those flowers are really cool and some of my favorite colors.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
Monica

Post by Monica »

Gorgeous card, Farley! I need to use those background stamps more... that Vogue one is perfect. And I love the bright cheery colors for the flowers! :clap:
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Oh gosh, thanks all.

That Vogue stamp is fun. About a year ago I pulled apart all of my CS UMs and reorganized them. I have a binder right in front of me that is all background type stamps. I don't think I ever used that one before.

Those flowers are fun and I was so happy when SSS brought out recently the dies to go with them. I am a die-junkie :lol:
FARLEY in Sacramento
Monica

Post by Monica »

I'm in the process of integrating all my CS stamps into the general stamp collection. Got the phrases done but still finishing up the last bit of unmounting WM stamps before I take that final leap and put it all together. I have a sinking feeling I'll have one whole binder full of nothing but noise & background stamps!

Jen, I did one card (hated it) so I'm working on an idea for another card that I won't be too embarrassed to admit I made. :lol:
Monica

Post by Monica »

Well, I didn't get a new one finished so this was the first one I did. I'm not completely happy with it, but it is what it is and I wanted to get one in before hte end of the month!

Cardstock is Destinations GTG I'm trying to finish up, sewing stamps & lace embossing folder are TH, hey there stamp is CS, ribbon from stash.

I inked the embossing folder before running it thru the machine, and it bled a little onto the lacy part that was supposed to be pristine white... that's what caused me to want to redo it. Funny thing, though.... looking at the photo it doesn't look as bad to me. Weird.

Anyway, that's my card for the challenge. Thanks for a fun sketch, Jen!

troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Cool one Monica!
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Monica, this is gorgeous. If you made mistakes, I surely can't see them so they must only enhance the beauty of the card. Thanks so much for playing. I assume you are on your big adventure now. So sorry it's not going to work out that I could meet up with you and Farley. What are the chances you would arrive at the same time as my Mom and neice?
Monica

Post by Monica »

Thank you Cheryl!

Thanks, Jen! Yeah, sometimes that darn Murphy needs a smack upside the head. There's always next time!
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

I'm late, but here's my card for the June challenge. (I love what everyone has done with this sketch)
June card challenge.jpg
June card challenge.jpg (80.76 KiB) Viewed 628 times
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Very nice card, Sue. Love that postage theme. Sorry I haven't posted a new sketch. Will try to get on that. The summer is flying by...
Jenni Benni

Post by Jenni Benni »

Nice card Sue!
Jenni Benni
Mom to 3 sweet little boys.