RAK round robin

Something to buy Something to sell Something to give away
pamcook

RAK round robin

Post by pamcook »

I'm filling up a bag of stuff from my ScrapRack. I will send it to the first person who asks for it - but, you must take what you'll use, add to it from your stash, and then place it up for grabs in this thread. Please don't add stuff that should really be in the trash. ;)

So - who is the first person?
Pam Cook #48
mpizzazz

Re: RAK round robin

Post by mpizzazz »

I had such a good time shopping Pam's RAK table at ReCreate, I'll take more of your castoffs, Pam!
I've even used some of them already!
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Yay!
I'm still adding to it.
Pam Cook #48
nancine

Post by nancine »

this sounds like a fun idea! I'll be keeping an eye on this thread!
Laurie

Post by Laurie »

I'll play
Laurie Bennett #118 on POA
North Carolina
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Laurie wrote:I'll play
Great, I can send to you, Laurie. Not sure what Pam has in mind but this could be like the round robin box that we sent around to everyone a few years ago. You might have missed it, Laurie, we used a certain size flat rate box and everyone took out and added whatever they wanted.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Yes, that's the general idea. I couldn't remember the details so I went with what seemed to make sense at the time. I found a few more things to throw in the bag today.

Got my Kallax put together and what doesn't fit in it has to go. Now I have a ton of empty protectors for my Scrap Rack. I put all my letter stickers & thickers in one basket. My name is Pam and I'm addicted to letter sticker and Thickers. Seriously. I need to post a picture. Sheesh.
Pam Cook #48
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Is the Kallax going in the closet? We need to see photos when it's finished. Are you doing away with the ScrapRack?
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
Laurie

Post by Laurie »

mpizzazz wrote:
Laurie wrote:I'll play
Great, I can send to you, Laurie. Not sure what Pam has in mind but this could be like the round robin box that we sent around to everyone a few years ago. You might have missed it, Laurie, we used a certain size flat rate box and everyone took out and added whatever they wanted.
Sounds fun. So, I will take out some stuff to use, and then add some stuff to the box and then send it to the next person?
North Carolina
Laurie

Post by Laurie »

pamcook wrote:Yes, that's the general idea. I couldn't remember the details so I went with what seemed to make sense at the time. I found a few more things to throw in the bag today.

Got my Kallax put together and what doesn't fit in it has to go. Now I have a ton of empty protectors for my Scrap Rack. I put all my letter stickers & thickers in one basket. My name is Pam and I'm addicted to letter sticker and Thickers. Seriously. I need to post a picture. Sheesh.

Pam, I love letter stickers and Thickers. I have been using them since I have been following Shimelle.
North Carolina
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

I really like thickers
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

mpizzazz wrote:Is the Kallax going in the closet? We need to see photos when it's finished. Are you doing away with the ScrapRack?
My plan was to have it in the closet and then have space to the right of it to have a small closet rod for when the kids visit. But - when I thought about it, it made more sense to have it across the floor of the closet - so 4' wide and 2' high. That leaves room for 2 shelves across and I'm able to use the top of the Kallax for a third shelf. My "seasons/theme" ScrapRack sits on one shelf and the other SR that holds emellishments divided into colors is on the dresser in that room. As I use things up, I hope to consolidate them into one. In the Kallax - one square holds a tote with all my dies, the next holds a locker basket of my punches, another holds a plastic bin of my spray cans, glue guns and such, two have sets of drawers (adhesives, tags, gift bags, & my circle cutter set) and one is still empty (because I needed a rest!). Because the Kallax fits perfectly into the closet, I had to build it in the closet and there was no way to get the one end screwed on. That leaves a 2'x1' space where I'll store some taller rolls of paper. My kits are stored in my rolling tote now (although I hope to use most of them up over Thanksgiving weekend). I have to switch out my basket used for my letter stickers & thickers (because I found several sets that weren't in the ScrapRack - I had no idea how bad this problem was!) and find a home for a few more things. At the end of the day, I have two bags of stuff to throw out and a nice collection to send out for new homes. I've rounded up a few more stamps for my new stamp storage system that need to be put into the plastic envelopes. Unfortunately, I still have more stuff than space to house it and I feel like I'm getting to the point where I'm going to have to make some tough decisions since I can't afford to build onto our home! I'm getting there and I'll post a photo once it's done (again).
Pam Cook #48
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Wow, that's an idea to build it in the closet and have room for shelves above it. Visitors don't need to hang their clothes! Or maybe a tension rod could be put up temporarily when they come if you can fit that in.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Both our kids and their families "live" out of their suitcases when they visit - even though there's plenty of drawer space available. Riz always brings (very nice) work clothes but I suppose he's so used to living out of a suitcase it doesn't bother him.
It feels good to have the most-used items right there, easily accessible, and the rarely used items will go way up in the top shelves of the closets. If they don't get used in the next year, I can get rid of them next.
Pam Cook #48
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

It's been like Christmas here today. The box came! I've been through it twice, taking out and putting back in. Now to add some more before I send it off to Laurie.

Pam, you'll laugh at this, one of the things that I got really excited about was the sticky mesh from back in the day. I love that stuff and had none of it left! Thanks :lol: :lol: :lol:
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels