August 2017 Card Sketch Challenge - Card Your Scraps

troublesmom

Re: August 2017 Card Sketch Challenge - Card Your Scraps

Post by troublesmom »

Here are the last 2 with this kit so far.
Spectacular Birthday.jpg
Spectacular Birthday.jpg (67.11 KiB) Viewed 161 times
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Cheryl, leave it to you to come up with these wonderful cards so quickly! You must have finished this kit? The hydrangea is my favorite.
FARLEY in Sacramento
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

No I still have more. It does last a lot longer when you don't use it for scrap booking.
paddlegal wrote:Cheryl, leave it to you to come up with these wonderful cards so quickly! You must have finished this kit? The hydrangea is my favorite.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Great cards, everyone! I was thinking about my scraps the other day, and would say that a lot of what I'm seeing in your pile Farley I would put back with the full sheets. Definitely any piece that's 6x12, or a square where I've taken the outside edge for a border for a page, or where I have more papers from the same collection. My scraps are organized very simply: a baggie for warm colours of cardstock, one for cool colours of cardstock, one for neutrals, one for all patterned paper scraps and one for specialty paper scraps. All of these fit in a box on my bookshelf that also has scrappy files/notes in it as well. Recently I was thinking that I'll likely just toss the lot of them and start again; mostly they got used for diecuts when most of my dies were QuicKutz and very small. I hardly use them at all anymore - and have enough paper that I'm not worried about it.

So perhaps I'll have to make a card before I actually toss them all, LOL.
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

Cheryl...Such a nice selection of cards!
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Reading what Keitha said about some of Farley's scraps, makes me wonder at what size do you all consider a piece of paper a scrap. For me, I would say if it's smaller than a standard card base size then it's a scrap.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

mpizzazz wrote:Reading what Keitha said about some of Farley's scraps, makes me wonder at what size do you all consider a piece of paper a scrap. For me, I would say if it's smaller than a standard card base size then it's a scrap.
Sometimes it totally depends on the paper. I'd keep a piece smaller than a card base if there was something special about it, or I absolutely loved it. I've also been known to keep pieces that are just 1/2" wide, if they're 12" long. A lot depends on my mood. And, I've also been known to toss pieces that are quite a bit larger in the rubbish bin/donate pile, if I don't love it.
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Marianne as you can see from the cards I posted some of my scraps are quite large. I have taken to throwing away many of the smaller ones since we moved. I have way too much.
mpizzazz wrote:Reading what Keitha said about some of Farley's scraps, makes me wonder at what size do you all consider a piece of paper a scrap. For me, I would say if it's smaller than a standard card base size then it's a scrap.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Keitha wrote:
Sometimes it totally depends on the paper. I'd keep a piece smaller than a card base if there was something special about it, or I absolutely loved it. I've also been known to keep pieces that are just 1/2" wide, if they're 12" long. A lot depends on my mood. And, I've also been known to toss pieces that are quite a bit larger in the rubbish bin/donate pile, if I don't love it.
I guess I should have said, what size do you consider a usable scrap?
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

troublesmom wrote:Marianne as you can see from the cars I posted some of my scraps are quite large. I have taken to throwing away many of the smaller ones since we moved. I have way too much.
Oh, I was looking for the cars, Cheryl, I missed your first hydrangea cards. Those are beautiful.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

All the cards are beautiful. I might, MIGHT, have some scraps for this challenge.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I have a refrigerator bowl on my desk where I keep small scraps. I use them for layering :shock: or punching small butterflies, stars, little labels, or hearts. My CM consultant taught me to hoard every tiny piece of paper but when my storage is full, I have no problems dumping it all. Long answer to say that in my desk nothing is "too small".
Pam Cook #48
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

pamcook wrote:I have a refrigerator bowl on my desk where I keep small scraps. I use them for layering :shock: or punching small butterflies, stars, little labels, or hearts. My CM consultant taught me to hoard every tiny piece of paper but when my storage is full, I have no problems dumping it all. Long answer to say that in my desk nothing is "too small".

Okay, what's a refrigerator bowl?
FARLEY in Sacramento
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

paddlegal wrote: Okay, what's a refrigerator bowl?
Ditto!
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

paddlegal wrote:
pamcook wrote:I have a refrigerator bowl on my desk where I keep small scraps. I use them for layering :shock: or punching small butterflies, stars, little labels, or hearts. My CM consultant taught me to hoard every tiny piece of paper but when my storage is full, I have no problems dumping it all. Long answer to say that in my desk nothing is "too small".

Okay, what's a refrigerator bowl?
I was wondering that, too.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels