The site keeps 'crashing'

Notes to and from the paowers that be
Luanne

The site keeps 'crashing'

Post by Luanne »

Hello! You may have just experienced a site crash. I know I did. I called our host and they did some glorious changes today, but didn't let us know. If that happens again, and you cannot get into the site you must first try 2 things:

1. Hit the F5 key on your keyboard, and refresh the screen.
2. Empty your 'cache'. Go to the very top of your computer screen, under tools you'll find internet options. In there you will be able to empty your cache.

I have spoken to our 'Admin' and she is not happy with the host company....I'm sure she'll take care of this! In the meantime, if you know someone who can't get in, please forward them this message.

Thanks! Sorry!
We're new at this....
pbp908

Re: The site keeps 'crashing'

Post by pbp908 »

It'll all work itself out. But isn't it fun learning it all???

I just figured we broke it again.

Pam
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Luanne

Post by Luanne »

My heart can't take it.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Luanne - you are the GREATEST! Sorry I was held up at the time, but it looks like you got more info out of them than I did yesterday.

And you're right - I can't say that I'm thrilled with the amount of down time we've had the last two days - this company hosts thousands of sites, and if this becomes a frequent problem, they're going to have some explaining to do. We've already accomplished so much here -just getting it set up and getting members settled in - I don't want to immediately talk about uprooting us again.

Let's see if the host company can get their kinks all worked out. Hopefully we just kinda picked a bad time to move into the neighborhood, and whatever their problems are, they'll get it all worked out.

In the meantime, thank you all for your patience. Seriously. Setting up a board was within my capability to do, but I don't do system administration, and I absolutely don't deal well with hardware or networking issues. So I had to find us a host company to take care of that part. So they're our landlord, and when the roof starts to leak, the best we can do is give them a call and hope they take care of it soon. :problem:
Admin
#1 in the order of the PAO
ESIDER

Post by ESIDER »

Don't sweat it ladies... you both have done a FANTASTIC job getting this site up and running for us!!! I work in IT these days and wouldn't have a CLUE as to what to do to even get this ball rolling. We are all very appreciative for what you have done for us and if it takes a little bit to get settled in, so be it. You are doing an amazing job! Thank you!
fuzzylover

Post by fuzzylover »

I never even noticed it - it seems to be working each time I log on.

Thanks for working so hard on it though.
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Barbara - it seemed that the first couple of days that this site was up, that the host was having some problems. It wasn't actually with this site in particular, but it was causing some downtime and some fairly hateful cryptic error message that didn't make any sense. We all wondered if it was because we were so busy welcoming each other to our new home! LOL. According to what Luanne and admin posted though, it was just a coincidence that the host was having some problems around the same time as we had heavy volume.

I think things have been lots better after those first few days (knock on wood).
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Down time? Never even noticed!
FARLEY in Sacramento
flojo

Post by flojo »

Downtime? What downtime? tee hee hee Never noticed it.
Cathy

Post by Cathy »

OK - I just got the cryptic message a few minutes ago while I was posting a pic! The site crashed on me and was down for about 10 minutes. Anyone else?
Cathy:)
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I thought it was just me.
Scary stuff :wtf:
Pam Cook #48
Ruth Ann Landry

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

so that's why I couldn't get in!!!! I re-booted, my remedy for everything..and by that time, I was in.....ok, now I know
Luanne

Post by Luanne »

Yes, it did crash..... all you new moderators ready for this???? lol
Cathy

Post by Cathy »

The fine print of the contract instructed me to give out your cell number. Right?
Luanne

Post by Luanne »

Dear Admin... Please revoke Cathy's mod status asap!

Now don't you ladies go getting in trouble!