Holiday Chit Chat and The Roomba

Something else on your mind? Keep it clean, keep it nice
pamcook

Re: Holiday Chit Chat and The Roomba

Post by pamcook »

I'm at the Orlando airport waiting for my flight to NC. I thought I was the only person not heading to WDW this weekend.
Joel and I will have a quiet weekend while I recover. My DBX - MCO flight wasn't as considering how long (across the Persian Gulf and Iran, north to cross the Norwegian Sea, across Greenland and then down through eastern Canada (I waved Keitha!), through NY (waved to Elizabeth) and south to Orlando. My butt is killing me. Checked in at Delta to find Cara had upgraded that flight so I'd have a cushy seat. What a good daughter right? Zain called to tell me that if Santa leaves my gifts there, he'll tell his papa to ship them to me.
Anyone know of a good brand of compression socks/stockings? My poor legs...
Pam Cook #48
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

That really seems like the long way around to get to Orlando.
How many times did you get up and walk around on that long flight? Are you walking around at the airport?
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I was window shopping.
Tried to sleep when I could. Not very successful.
Pam Cook #48
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

Wow everyone...so many different things going on.

I especially hope Pam makes it home from her l o n g trip in good shape. I can't even imagine how you can handle those many hours in the air...4 is about my limit!

Last week's flight to Vegas at 4 1/2 hours was a bear. The return was shorter.

Greg and I are all alone for Christmas for the first time E V E R ! Weird, and I don't like it.
We had a nice dinner that I made...even pierogi...lots of standing today.
Tomorrow Greg cooks.

There are no gifts this year between the 2 of us... another first...my call. Just not feeling it this year and goodness knows, I know how to get most anything I want. ;) I did take care of the boys though.

Sounding a little sad sack here, but no worries. This move to Ohio at Thanksgiving really put a crazy spin on things. Looking forward to finding out what this place has to offer.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays to all. :watchsanta:
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Pat is has to be hard after a big move to get into the swing of things for the holiday and kids are elsewhere. Our holiday was on the quiet side but we did have Charley with us. I'm just waiting for the day when Bob and I are by ourselves with Charley married (a little ways away I hope:) and visiting the inlaws.

But as you say, now that Christmas is nearly done, exploration of your new neighborhood and town should be fun. Have you staked out any craft stores yet?

Added...

Okay, no doubt you've found this already, but I just had to look up any craft stores and was amazed at Scrapbook Korner in Archbold..."only" 1 hour away from you! Long drive but by the looks of it's 5000 square feet it may be worth checking out!

http://www.scrapbookkorner.com/

I see you also have a Hobby Lobby and a JoAnn's in town. I watched an aerial video of your town and it looks really pretty.
FARLEY in Sacramento
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

Thanks for the message Farley. I've been to Joann's & Hobby Lobby in preparation for the card exchange. I'll have to look into Archbold. One of the things I do before moving is check out what is available in the new location. Look for craft, sewing/quilt stores, etc. Findlay is a smaller city, for sure & seems to have a vibrant downtown area.
Marathon Oil is a major company here and has invested $$$. There is a Marathon performing arts center with interesting offerings. Toledo is 45 minutes away, and there is much to do there. We are happy to have a Costco 30 minutes away. :D We are within 2 hours of "home" in the Detroit area as well. 2017 is the year to explore and travel!
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

pbp908 wrote:AND!!! There's a Dr. Who marathon on tonight and tomorrow, and the new Dr. Who movie Sunday night just in time for the turkey stupor!
Our house is totally stoked about this! We stayed home this Christmas, and we're totally excited to not miss this. Nicole is wearing her brand new TARDIS sweater from Hot Topic and is ready to go. :-)

The roomba sounds like fun, but what I need in my house, is a robot spot cleaner. If they ever make a device that will clean all of the food and beverage stains out of the carpet while we're not looking, I'd probably pay a good deal of money for it. Though, if a roomba really does suck up glitter, then that's already a pretty fantastic device. :-)
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

jfugina wrote:
pbp908 wrote:AND!!! There's a Dr. Who marathon on tonight and tomorrow, and the new Dr. Who movie Sunday night just in time for the turkey stupor!
Our house is totally stoked about this! We stayed home this Christmas, and we're totally excited to not miss this. Nicole is wearing her brand new TARDIS sweater from Hot Topic and is ready to go. :-)

The roomba sounds like fun, but what I need in my house, is a robot spot cleaner. If they ever make a device that will clean all of the food and beverage stains out of the carpet while we're not looking, I'd probably pay a good deal of money for it. Though, if a roomba really does suck up glitter, then that's already a pretty fantastic device. :-)[/quote

The Roomba does do spot work! You place it where the bad spot is, press the "spot" button and it works in circles in that specific area.
FARLEY in Sacramento
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Julie - Maddie was wrapped up in her Tardis throw - the rest of us were in shorts and Tees. Check out thinkgeek.com. I did a lot of Christmas shopping there, and they have quick delivery.

I loved the lighter side of the Doctor in this one, but wish it had been 2 hours instead of 90 minutes. We're trying to remember where the bald guy came from - he looked familiar but we couldn't place him.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

The bald guy was in the last Christmas special, but we didn't watch the last one to refresh our memory - we just know he was involved. He was also the Tweedles in the Tim Burton version of the Alice movies.

We picked up a bunch of Dr. Who stuff at the last GenCon we went to this past August. There is a Dr. Who store near Indianapolis and they come to the con and set up a booth, where we picked up a throw, and Nicole got a backpack, and Jake got a stuffed dalek that talks.

We're excited about whatever is coming in 2017!
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
katymjo

Post by katymjo »

I remember seeing the first ever Dr Who series on the BBC! William Hartnell is still the "real" Doctor! :P
Kathryn.