Joined the major cleanup bandwagon

Something else on your mind? Keep it clean, keep it nice
ScrappinJen

Re: Joined the major cleanup bandwagon

Post by ScrappinJen »

I don't envy you lugging those scrapbooks around from place to place. Two weeks ago I took every scrapbook I own out and piled them in the living room. It was a sight to behold. It took me probably another whole week to organize them and put them back in some sort of chronological order. Into all their nooks and crannies and hiding places. Which are all up high, by the way. All I have to worry about are roof leaks. Anyway, my back was aching for days from lifting, bending, climbing the step stool, stepping down off the ladder, etc. But the job is done. Fifty-seven 12x12 albums.

And I ain't done yet.
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

The crazy thing is... I don't have all of Mike's photos from his childhood.... his mom has those mostly on slides... so some day we'll get them scanned in.

And... an even crazier thing is... we don't have any kids to bequeath these to.... so... I'm sure they'll wind up in a landfill at some point in time... but... I'm having fun making them so that's why I keep doing it. :-)
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

ScrappinJen wrote:I don't envy you lugging those scrapbooks around from place to place. Two weeks ago I took every scrapbook I own out and piled them in the living room. It was a sight to behold. It took me probably another whole week to organize them and put them back in some sort of chronological order. Into all their nooks and crannies and hiding places. Which are all up high, by the way. All I have to worry about are roof leaks. Anyway, my back was aching for days from lifting, bending, climbing the step stool, stepping down off the ladder, etc. But the job is done. Fifty-seven 12x12 albums.

And I ain't done yet.

You go girl, I only have about 15 but each of the 4 grandchildren probably have 4 each that I have made them. How long have you been scrapping? I.m thinking it's been about 10 years for me.
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

I started scrapbooking back in '96 or '97 .... so I've got 20 years into it... and photos from my birth (in '55) forward.... plus some photos from before then.... not many of those... but still...

and I have boxes and boxes of photos that need to go into scrapbooks... so I guess I'll live to be at least 100 because I've got to get all these scrapped... right? LOL
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

I think I started in 1998. No kids. I have many scrapbooks that will be given to Mallory when she's ready for them. Other than that, I know mine will end up in a landfill. But I don't care. It makes me happy to make them and to look through them. It's my thing. As they say these days, it's my jam. Whatever that means
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

I started in about 97 or so also. My friend was a CM consultant, and I bought one of everything that CM ever cam out with, I think. She held crops once a month, so it was easy to stay in the habit. I do have two kids now, but the books aren't necessary for them. If they want them, then great. Otherwise, who knows. It's a hobby. And it's something for me to have in my retirement and look back on when the dementia starts to kick in. Or to look at when I get depressed and wonder where all of my life went. :lol:
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO