Crazy weather in NC!

Something else on your mind? Keep it clean, keep it nice
Monica

Re: Crazy weather in NC!

Post by Monica »

Nastiness, Pam! I would love to be able to steal away enough of the wind and rain to drown the fires and send the smoke away...
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Another bad thing with this storm is the fact that we have had so much rain already the ground is soaked. We have had storms almost every day for the past couple of weeks. Not long lasting but lots of rain and then it's gone. I'm worried about the wind with all the pine trees back behind our house. We are going to try and stay here unless ordered to leave. They have zones here and we are in zone C so that is the best of the 3.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
nancine

Post by nancine »

pbp908 wrote: but prayers and a lot of air blowing to the east would be more than welcome. As well as some rain for the PNW.
Amen to that!
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that all of you on both coasts are able to stay out of harm's way! I've got some friends in Florida who are pretty far inland, but still are planning for the worst in surrounding areas. One of my favorite zumba instructors had a Disney cruise scheduled for next week, and those cruises have all been canceled. Definitely the right decision, but sadness all around for those in Florida and visiting or planning to visit.

Stay safe everyone!
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

Try to stay safe everyone.
My dau. in FL is directly in path!
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Jill are they leaving?
jmp1022 wrote:Try to stay safe everyone.
My dau. in FL is directly in path!
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

Still keeping a close eye on Irma out here... still not 100% convinced it'll make landfall down by GA/SC just yet... but it sure looks that way. But then... she'll head inland and soak y'all again. Maybe she'll start to die down before then. Doesn't look like heading inland would be a wise decision for me at this point... but... still deciding.
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

We are waiting to see on Saturday/Sunday because even if we leave we'd have to head to Raleigh and I'm not sure that will be any better.
nchoney wrote:Still keeping a close eye on Irma out here... still not 100% convinced it'll make landfall down by GA/SC just yet... but it sure looks that way. But then... she'll head inland and soak y'all again. Maybe she'll start to die down before then. Doesn't look like heading inland would be a wise decision for me at this point... but... still deciding.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

It does look as though the Triangle could get the worst of it. Like everyone else in the state - watching carefully.
Pam Cook #48
Monica

Post by Monica »

I was thinking about you today, Pam, hoping you and whoever else might get hit is safe.
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

It looks now that NC will mostly avoid any of Irma's wrath. Sure, we'll get some badly needed rain but the path has moved well west of us. I never dreamed we'd see that happen! I do wonder how much impact it could have on Julie? Even though dramatically weakened by then, it could still be impressive.
Pam Cook #48
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

So far we have been lucky. A fair amount of wind but they are saying a lot of rain tomorrow and good chances of tornadoes.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO