Post by Laurie »

So glad to hear he is feeling better.
Laurie
Laurie Bennett #118 on POA
North Carolina
Trixie

Re: Life, The Universe, and Whatever

Post by Trixie »

I hope George is feeling better. Having an incision like that is rough. Good luck with the packing. It will all be worth it in the end when you look at your beautiful new floors.
Judy Gunsaulis in WV
#91in the order of PAO
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

He's finally on solid food as of today, and may be released tomorrow. I also have a drs. appt. for this :censor: headache which is back with a vengeance. That almost-a-week-pain-free was wonderful.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

George is home! Thank you all for your prayers and good thoughts. :happy94:

On a :censor: note - my doctor's appt. was cancelled this morning. It seems she had an emergency. I really really need to get in there because I need a referral to a neurologist if they can't do anything other than push barbiturates down my throat. Dratted things don't help my headache, anyway.
Pam P.

paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Happy to hear George is home. Bummed for you and your headaches. I hope you get in to see someone soon and relief!
FARLEY in Sacramento
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Happy about George, but recurring headaches that don't respond to medicine are the WORST! I can usually arrive at a quantity of Advil that will knock out the worst of the worst, but I did have an issue for a few weeks that just had me in tears, and no amount of painkiller could touch it. I ultimately wound up going to a chiropractor (total last ditch effort), and he could feel a knot up under the base of my skull. I just had my entire right side in a permanent clench that started at my mouse-operating hand. He got me all un-kinked after several visits, and thankfully the headache immediately started to subside after the first visit.

I'm not recommending that approach for you - only saying I know the kind of headache pain that makes one desperate. :happy94:
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Trust me, I've been considering chiropractic. Strangely enough it doesn't hurt when I'm in here working on a piece of art or playing with paper and ink. I don't know if it's because I utterly relax or because I'm working with intent. (See, I'm learning something with my Reiki lessons!)

Today the sliding glass door is being installed, the demon is locked in Chris' room so he won't escape, Christmas cards are in the box waiting for the post to pick them up, George doesn't have to wear bandages, and the restaurant down from us is open tomorrow. Life is good right now. ;) Well, except for the fact that all of the light coming in now is showing me exactly where all of the dirt is. rofl
Pam P.

mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

jfugina wrote:Happy about George, but recurring headaches that don't respond to medicine are the WORST! I can usually arrive at a quantity of Advil that will knock out the worst of the worst, but I did have an issue for a few weeks that just had me in tears, and no amount of painkiller could touch it. I ultimately wound up going to a chiropractor (total last ditch effort), and he could feel a knot up under the base of my skull. I just had my entire right side in a permanent clench that started at my mouse-operating hand. He got me all un-kinked after several visits, and thankfully the headache immediately started to subside after the first visit.

I'm not recommending that approach for you - only saying I know the kind of headache pain that makes one desperate. :happy94:
Julie, I'm so glad you tried the chiro. I've gone to mine for years,mostly for headaches. Most of them are caused by the repetitive motions we do like the mouse, poor posture, sitting too much, old injuries that were never treated, stress, etc, etc. We all need to be realigned now and then. I go to my chiro first before I go to a medical doctor.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

mpizzazz wrote:
jfugina wrote:Happy about George, but recurring headaches that don't respond to medicine are the WORST! I can usually arrive at a quantity of Advil that will knock out the worst of the worst, but I did have an issue for a few weeks that just had me in tears, and no amount of painkiller could touch it. I ultimately wound up going to a chiropractor (total last ditch effort), and he could feel a knot up under the base of my skull. I just had my entire right side in a permanent clench that started at my mouse-operating hand. He got me all un-kinked after several visits, and thankfully the headache immediately started to subside after the first visit.

Julie, I'm so glad you tried the chiro. I've gone to mine for years,mostly for headaches. Most of them are caused by the repetitive motions we do like the mouse, poor posture, sitting too much, old injuries that were never treated, stress, etc, etc. We all need to be realigned now and then. I go to my chiro first before I go to a medical doctor.
Yeah, the guy I saw was good, thankfully, and not one of those quacks you hear horror stories about. This headache thing was years ago, but I should really consider going again because my hip is acting up again. The pain seems focused on my hip, because that's where the pain starts and then shoots down the outside of my leg. But I'd totally believe it if it was caused by something being pinched and some realignment and/or stretching would help. My primary would probably just offer me something for the pain and suggest I see an ortho. I've done that, and their imaging shows that there's nothing really wrong with me (at least not with my bones). So they wrote PT orders. I didn't have the time. I went to yoga instead. But this is the same pain as I had then, only more intense. So I need to get an appointment.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

I hope all goes smoothly for you and George. :happy94:
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

jfugina wrote:
mpizzazz wrote:

Yeah, the guy I saw was good, thankfully, and not one of those quacks you hear horror stories about. This headache thing was years ago, but I should really consider going again because my hip is acting up again. The pain seems focused on my hip, because that's where the pain starts and then shoots down the outside of my leg. But I'd totally believe it if it was caused by something being pinched and some realignment and/or stretching would help. My primary would probably just offer me something for the pain and suggest I see an ortho. I've done that, and their imaging shows that there's nothing really wrong with me (at least not with my bones). So they wrote PT orders. I didn't have the time. I went to yoga instead. But this is the same pain as I had then, only more intense. So I need to get an appointment.
Exactly, doctors only know to write orders for medicine, more tests or PT.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Chiros scare the crap out of me. How do you know one is good? I only saw one a few times; that back cracking thing put me off for life. I've heard too many horror stories.

I'm glad they work for some of you though. Perhaps if I were in chronic pain I'd try again.
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Keitha wrote:Chiros scare the crap out of me. How do you know one is good? I only saw one a few times; that back cracking thing put me off for life. I've heard too many horror stories.

I'm glad they work for some of you though. Perhaps if I were in chronic pain I'd try again.
You ask around for recommendations, see whose been in business for a long time, you can go once and try them out. Just like finding a plumber or a lawyer, anyone. Now you could read reviews online. They really don't crack a lot anymore. They use "a thing" that delivers the electrical charge! Ha ha, just kidding! It just makes a clicking sound, you hardly feel it.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

My chiropractor moved to Southern Pines, but I'm considering using him. He's wonderful. Does a lot of dietary work in addition to the adjustments and therapy. I just hope his wife isn't working for him anymore - she was a b----. She didn't want to deal with insurance so she wouldn't file - you had to pay and then file yourself. At his rates it was just a little too expensive for me to keep going. I think that's why they ended up moving - she ran all of his clients away.
Pam P.

pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I believe 100% our chiropractor saved Joel’s life. Physicians are great for treating trauma, infections, fractures, and such. They know zilch about helping you be healthy. Zilch.
Pam Cook #48