The Weather (Safe topic?)

Something else on your mind? Keep it clean, keep it nice
pbp908

The Weather (Safe topic?)

Post by pbp908 »

It's snowing here in beautiful Scotland County, NC (home of the highest taxes in the State). Our "trace" is now over 1" and the snow is still falling heavily. Bonnie has had snow since this afternoon according to the DOT cams, and she's not that far from Charleston, SC. And dang it - it's COLD!

How's everyone else faring?
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
mpizzazz

Re: The Weather (Safe topic?)

Post by mpizzazz »

Nothing expected here until midnight. It might be more wind than snow so we could lose power.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

We have several inches now, and we were only supposed to have a trace. It's beautiful outside but too dark to take pictures. Looking forward to tomorrow morning when I can hopefully get a few good ones to scrap. ;)
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Snowing here. Our forecast was 0 chance and then 25% chance. Looks like an inch so far and of course too dark for photos. Mia & Zain are ecstatic.
Pam Cook #48
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

pamcook wrote:Snowing here. Our forecast was 0 chance and then 25% chance. Looks like an inch so far and of course too dark for photos. Mia & Zain are ecstatic.
Oh, I bet they are. Hope they get a chance to play in it tomorrow.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

I went out this morning and for the first time in many days was thrilled not to have to brush several inches of snow off my vehicle. I asked the boys if they cleared it off but nope, it just hadn't snowed since Monday evening. The temperature got up to a balmy -8C this afternoon (17.6F) so it was quite pleasant driving around. We do have flurries in the forecast every day for the next week, and an extreme cold snap from tomorrow through the weekend with -30C (-22F) expected tomorrow night. Have I mentioned I hate winter?
Monica

Post by Monica »

we're chilly but no snow... at the moment... we did have freezing rain overnight and ice this morning.
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

It is STILL freezing cold here, and snowing...again. We are supposed to "warm" up a bit by the weekend.
Just checked the temp...and we have gone up to 17 degrees...woo hoo. We have been as low as -10 in the last few days.
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

The girls got out of school at noon. Everything shut down at 4.

We got NOTHING, not even a stray flurry :wtf:
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

Woo Hoo...we may reach 11 degrees today!
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

I would not survive your winters. It’s been cold here...don’t laugh...in the 30s overnight. Rained in the night which we needed. Of course the big rain is supposed to be tomorrow while we do our last Christmas Bird Count for 2017. We'll be out slogging in it all day with smart birds likely hiding from us.

Stay warm and safe friends.
FARLEY in Sacramento
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

paddlegal wrote:I would not survive your winters. It’s been cold here...don’t laugh...in the 30s overnight. Rained in the night which we needed. Of course the big rain is supposed to be tomorrow while we do our last Christmas Bird Count for 2017. We'll be out slogging in it all day with smart birds likely hiding from us.

Does your home have a furnace? When we lived in San Diego, we had a wall heater in the kitchen and no AC. Didn’t need AC except during Santa Ana’s. Needed a heater a few days a year.
Pam Cook #48
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

pamcook wrote:
paddlegal wrote:I would not survive your winters. It’s been cold here...don’t laugh...in the 30s overnight. Rained in the night which we needed. Of course the big rain is supposed to be tomorrow while we do our last Christmas Bird Count for 2017. We'll be out slogging in it all day with smart birds likely hiding from us.

Does your home have a furnace? When we lived in San Diego, we had a wall heater in the kitchen and no AC. Didn’t need AC except during Santa Ana’s. Needed a heater a few days a year.

Oh for sure we have a furnace and in the Valley definitely AC. Our summers are our version of extreme weather. This summer I’m sure we had the hottest ever. Consecutive triple digit days over and over. One hot wave lasted 10 days I believe. When it cools down to 95 we are thrilled. We are now in our typical “grunge” days. Grey skies but in the 50s during the day then down to the 30s at night. The house never really warms up when the sun is hiding.
FARLEY in Sacramento
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

It’s 75 degrees with clear skies and sunny! Don’t hate me!
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Debbie J wrote:It’s 75 degrees with clear skies and sunny! Don’t hate me!

How boring!! Ha ha! Where's the excitement in putting on all your hand knit hats, gloves and scarves and trudging out to scrape off the car? Oh, wait, guess it is back in Wyoming!

Enjoy your "Winter" !!
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels