Purging Flowers

mpizzazz

Purging Flowers

Post by mpizzazz »

Just curious if others feel the abundance of flowers on layouts has come to an end? I went through my two boxes of flowers and leaves today and ended up with just one box of mostly light colored flowers and a few chipboard ones that can be made any color. I might possibly use them on heritage layouts but maybe not.
Anyone else have any suggestions of what to do with them?
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
pamcook

Re: Purging Flowers

Post by pamcook »

I rarely use them. Thank goodness I only have a few left. I hope someone has a brilliant idea of how to use them. Maybe we need an Easter bonnet challenge? :roll:
Pam Cook #48
EDelValle

Post by EDelValle »

Paula has been posting some fabulous creations on
FB using flowers and old lace and doilys, etc.
Very lovely
Be Yourself, Everyone else is taken

Elizabeth in Brooklyn
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

I truly think I could hold my entire flower stash in both hands. Not something I purchased.
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I have a lot of them and will either trash them or donate them to somewhere/someone. Funny how ephemera/paper/word clusters have taken the place of flowers. Everything has it's season. Maybe I should just put them in a huge zip-lock bag and keep them for a few years until they come back around....
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

pbp908 wrote:I have a lot of them and will either trash them or donate them to somewhere/someone. Funny how ephemera/paper/word clusters have taken the place of flowers. Everything has it's season. Maybe I should just put them in a huge zip-lock bag and keep them for a few years until they come back around....
I was thinking that, too, Pam. But realistically, I used them on cards to my Mom and layouts about her, heritage layouts of the great aunts, etc. So, I don't think I will miss them.

Thanks, Elizabeth. I'll look.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

I haven't used them on very many layouts... unless the layouts were also about flowers. But... I've used them on cards... and I'm going to be making a bunch of cards soon so I can use up more flowers. LOL
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Flowers is probably the only embellishment I never went after. Aside from a Tim flower and leaf die that I used for a few cards, I don't think I have ever used flowers on LOs. Though I now think about it, I did have a few flowers that came in various CS kits. Never purchased any deliberately.
FARLEY in Sacramento
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

I try to use flowers when the layout could support it. But it's pretty rare that I'd want to do something that frilly, or that elegant/sophisticated. So I have an entire drawer of flowers, leaves, feathers, and similar. But I'm not hurting for space, and the drawer isn't overfull, so they just sit there. Recently Nicole made a few layouts for my album, and got all excited about the flower drawer. So I guess that's another reason to let it stick around. She's finding uses for things that I wouldn't typically think of.

That said, most of the flowers and things in that drawer got an instant "WTF" reaction when I opened them. I think my entire flower collection is from two sources - Swirlydoos kits, and warehouse boxes. And most of that stuff is really far too chunky to use on a layout that's going in an album, or on a card that is meant to go through the mail. So that drawer doesn't see much action.

I agree though that while clustering still seems to be in, that flowers aren't the cluster fodder of choice. But I hadn't really noticed until it got pointed out on this thread.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Julie, I love your phrase "cluster fodder of choice", it's very descriptive and we all know what you mean. :lol: :lol:
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Glad I could make you smile. :-) Clustering has always been a creative challenge for me. When I started processing the notion that clustering was still a thing, but with totally different stuff, that's the turn of phrase that immediately came to mind, as in, "well, crud - here's yet another spin on a technique that I still can't wrap my head around"
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

pamcook wrote:I rarely use them. Thank goodness I only have a few left. I hope someone has a brilliant idea of how to use them. Maybe we need an Easter bonnet challenge? :roll:
LOL - that was going to be my suggestion, before I read your post Pam. My other thought was to load them on a Finnabair-style journal cover and coat the heck out of them with gesso and paint.