using cut files

Keitha

using cut files

Post by Keitha »

I've a question for you ladies who use cut files on your scrapbook pages. This is something I want to do more of, but I just don't think of them - or have trouble finding just the right file when I do. So you do typically start with your cut file in mind and build your page around it? Or at what point in your process does the die cut enter the equation?

I suppose Marianne will tell me I'm overthinking it, but honestly if I don't think about it I'd never use them. Actually getting the machine out and successfully making the cut is a whole other topic, but first things first ;)
pamcook

Re: using cut files

Post by pamcook »

Keitha wrote:I've a question for you ladies who use cut files on your scrapbook pages. This is something I want to do more of, but I just don't think of them - or have trouble finding just the right file when I do. So you do typically start with your cut file in mind and build your page around it? Or at what point in your process does the die cut enter the equation?

I suppose Marianne will tell me I'm overthinking it, but honestly if I don't think about it I'd never use them. Actually getting the machine out and successfully making the cut is a whole other topic, but first things first ;)
Both. Sometimes I see a cut file I love and use it with pictures to record a story. Usually though, they're another layer to break up color or just add pattern or texture to a layout I'm working on.
Pam Cook #48
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Just a thought - if you use a large cut file you can layer washi tape on the sheet under it and let the color peep through. ;)
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Since I rarely scrap this may be of no help but I do look here every day to see how cut files are used in scrapping. Who knows, maybe someday I'll actually do one. But I really like the files they design and how they are used.

http://thecutshoppe.blogspot.com/?m=1
FARLEY in Sacramento
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

I usually start with a cut file and work from there.
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

The Cut Shoppe is a great resource Farley. I also like the files from Just Nick if you're not familiar with that resource - https://justnick.myshopify.com/. In fact, they are a sponsor of PageMaps this month/the Just Nick design team contributed the layout samples, and this month only you can get a free file if you go to their site and use the code PAGEMAPS.

I probably need to make a point of starting with a cut file as you do Debbie, at least until I get used to the idea of using them.