odd question re: adhesive storage

Keitha

odd question re: adhesive storage

Post by Keitha »

Does anyone happen to know if I take tape runner refills out of the sealed clamshell packaging for storage, if it will affect their performance? I've just stocked up on Tombow adhesive refills because I'm really tired of the companies constantly changing the dispensers so when you go to buy refills they don't fit the old one you had. Or discontinuing the product just when you've found one you like to replace the last one that was discontinued... They'd take up way less space if I lose the packaging, but will that impede their ability to stick down the road? And before you all say it, I'm glad those ATG guns/refills work for you but they're not for me.
pbp908

Re: odd question re: adhesive storage

Post by pbp908 »

I have some ancient tape from when I first started scrapping. The dispenser was of course discontinued, and I found a ton of refills at Big Lots - bought every one of them. I use them now when I run out of ATG tape and they still work like a champ. The packaging was tossed at least 5 years ago. I'd say as long as you keep it in a cool dark place it should be fine.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Exactly what I wanted to hear Pam, thanks.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Ditto your complaints!

The only time I've had problems was when I foolishly stored it too close to the furnace vent.
Pam Cook #48
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Once they are all out of their packaging would putting them all into one plastic bag/container be helpful for saving space/keeping them fresh? I have no idea what you are talking about but that never stops me from commenting! :lol: :lol:
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
Monica

Post by Monica »

I have the tombow mono tape runner myself as it's my travel adhesive and the one I prefer for ribbons and such. I never leave the refills in their packaging, I just toss them in the travel tote. And I've never had a problem with them not working. ;)
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

I think sticking them in a sealed bag would help, too. Way less packaging than all the store plastic.
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com