Maryland

Buy local
InkPattie

Maryland

Post by InkPattie »

Queen's Ink is an AWESOME stamp store right near Laurel MD in Savage Mill. I'm not from the area, so I can't give good directions, but it is located in a renovated mill that is now a mall with other interesting stores, like one that sells games, antique stores, a Christmas store, etc.

http://www.queensink.com/
Dani Larcom

Re: Maryland

Post by Dani Larcom »

And I'm sure our beloved Kristen will be happy to take us there! :happy94:
Kristen

Post by Kristen »

Dani Larcom wrote:And I'm sure our beloved Kristen will be happy to take us there! :happy94:
Beloved! Really! Awww.. :oops:

It is right near Ken's work and has this cool restaurant-y shopp-y area near it, which I have not yet been cool enough to go browse.

I went in and talked to the owner one evening, she has several lines of stamps by little known artists and even designed a line of stamps herself.

Apparently Tim Holtz frequently teaches there. If anyone finds out when he does next we can all road-trip there. Anyone know Lolly? She's a CS retreat Diva for many years. She is their webmaster and Tim has stayed at her house when he's taught there. I'll email Lolly and maybe she get give us the inside scoop.

Kristen
Ruth Ann Landry

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

I'm all over that!!!!
Hasmom99

Post by Hasmom99 »

Me too, me too!!!

I took classes with Tim a number of year ago when he spent a day at Create an Impression, a cool stamping store in Ardmore, PA, which, sadly, closed a few years ago. This was before Tim's extensive line of products. It was a great time though. I learned a lot.
Dani Larcom

Post by Dani Larcom »

I'm in Kristen!! Sooooooooooooooooooooo in! I'm thinking I may remember Lolly from VA RR 2 years ago????
Kristen

Post by Kristen »

SO I got my newletter from Queen's Ink today, I pasted it below... not sure how well it turned out, but there was a coupon for Tim Holtz stuff to link with the 12 days of tags. I can forward the real email to anyone who wants it.

Our own Lolly wrote much of the newsletter.

One of you Tim fans need to find out if he is ever coming back to Queens Ink.

Kristen

December 2008

Happy 8th Birthday to The Queen's Ink and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all of you, our Royal Customers. We want to share the celebration with you by offering 25% off all in-stock Tim Holtz products that you can see in action on Tim's blog (timholtz.typepad.com), as he walks you through fabulous techniques during his 12 tags of Christmas feature. Bring in your coupon (see bottom of this email) to enjoy the savings!

Personal expression is a comfort you can count on in any weather, in any economy, at any time. And it all begins with a stamp and an ink pad -- like the new 2009 collection we just received from Hero Arts! Come for a visit and choose from a broad selection of fabulous new stamps, inks, and embellishments. Take a look at the new catalog, which offers fresh ideas for cards and gifts.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you who sent beautiful cards and wonderful gifts to cheer me up while I was recovering from surgery. Your collective prayers and well wishes over these past several months generated such good energy...I know they had to be the main reason I had such a positive outcome and a speedy recovery. I am back in the shop (pretty much) full time now and working hard on some exciting classes and the 2009 guest artist visits.

I think it's important right now to remind all of you of the importance of feeding our souls with our art, which helps keep us grounded. We will continue to order new products as they are introduced and restock all your favorites; however, as with all of you, we are struggling to adjust to the weakened state of the economy, and have (necessarily) adjusted our restocking intervals to more closely reflect the times. We've seen this trend with our suppliers, our fellow business owners, and our customers, and ask that you work with us to determine how we can best meet your expectations while observing the bottom line. If you have ideas about classes and new products, please forward those to us, as we are trying to plan for the next 6 months...more cards, fewer cards; paper engineering (or not?); product techniques and demos; whatever ! We want to hear from you, our most valuable resource of all.

Lolly says that my promise to you is that I'm going to make sure we send at least one newsletter every month. You can write to me at my email address (queens@queensink.com) if you see that I'm not meeting my goal (whatever!).

Janet says if she has to move one more of my "art" projects (piles) to prepare for a class, she's going to arrange for a backhoe to drive straight into the classroom and clear it out...I'm going to boycott that idea by sitting on my throne in the MIDDLE of the classroom (think that'll work?). I'm promising to begin the clean-up process and would love to hear from you if you support churches/schools that could benefit from donations of supplies we can no longer store...both new and gently used. (Note from Lolly: Of course, you KNOW this doesn't include ANYTHING purple or green...LOL!)

So sayeth The Queen.
Product News
Tools, stamps, publications, and so much more arrive in our shoppe every day. Check our website for the latest Product News; we update the list at least twice a week. Here is a sampling of our newest cool stuff:
New Jenni Bowlin Studio Valentine Bingo full-sized and miniature cards and several 12x12 specialty die cut papers
Restock of Lockhart stamps
97% Complete Journal Kits from 7Gypsies
Restock of white pens from Inkssentials (Ranger)
Restock of Glue Dots in a variety of sizes
Double-sided tear-able tape from Rubber Stamping Concepts
New for 2009 - fabulous stamps from Hero Arts
Epoxy, fabric, and metal embellishments and glitter 3-D alphabets from the Making Memories FaLaLa line
Chipboard books, structures, and embellishments from Maya Road
Restock of Distress Crackle Paint from Ranger
Restock of Tim Holtz "Ideology" line from Advantus
Restock of Tim Holtz Grungeboard packs from Advantus
ATC transparencies and supplies from 7 Gypsies
Publication: Artists' Cafe (2008, Vol. 2)
Publication: Somerset Gallery (Winter 2009)
Publication: Sew Somerset (Winter 2009)
Publication: Belle Armoire Jewelry (Winter 2009)

Upcoming Class Opportunities

January 17-18 - Guest Instructor Carol Wingert
From the time she was a child, Carol Wingert has wanted to teach, create and write. In memory and book arts, she has found all three passions. Her international teaching experiences include teaching in Australia and Canada, both in large convention settings as well as retail stores. She has taught at Creating Keepsakes University and at Creative Escape, online with Big Picture Scrapbooking as well as at many retail stores throughout the US. She also teaches at her local scrapbook store, Scrapbooks, Etc. Carol is co-author of Artful Memories and Lifelines, both by North Light Books. Her work may also be found in six Autumn leaves "Designing With" books, as well as The Book Book, in which she was the lead artist. Carol is a Memory Makers Contributing Editor and serves on the Editorial Advisory Board for Somerset Memories. Her latest adventure involves monthly project kits called "creatologie from carol wingert studio". Carol loves to think outside the box and to challenge others to do the same. Over the years, she has become well known in her classes for taking the complex and making it simple. She's a passionate paper collector (from early childhood) and that continues to be her favorite supply to work with. Add to that inks, paints, colored pencils and crayons, plus some rubber stamps (because drawing is not one of her talents!) and she can happily create for hours!

Saturday, January 17th: The Love Book
It all starts with a 6x6 chocolate brown Chatterbox ringed book...it has flocking on the cover and embossed flourishes on every page...beautiful to look at before you even get started. Then comes all of the little things--vintage images, vintage lace, a full card of gorgeous ribbons, bling, clear vintage glass glitter, an altered mirror, and gorgeous papers from Anna Griffin and SEI. Of course, because the book comes with your own chipboard letters, you can name it anything you want. But with Valentine's Day just around the corner, this book is the perfect gift for a special someone in your life...like a girlfriend, daughter or granddaughter, mom or grandmother...it will definitely make them smile and earn you a huge hug!

Saturday, January 17th: French Flavored Junque Book
It all starts with an adventure at your local brocante...you have a basketful of finds, including some old hardback books. Now the fun begins. It's time to rebuild the interior pages and add some French flavorings to that old book. After stitching in three signatures of cardstock and patterned papers, the layering process begins. Textures and layers of paper, paint and ink form the base of the cover and copies of old French images hang from a fancy knob. Images of a French collage, French book paper and a French fashion newspaper help enhance the cardstock pages. Then come pockets...and tags. Oh, and don't forget the CD folder, all painted and papered and finished off with a shiny fleur-de-lis which you make. Of course, what French flavored book would be complete without a bird page...you will love this little tweetie sitting so pretty on her nest. The final step...the passementerie...the beautiful vintage French trims to complete your pages. Come prepared to get your hands dirty...after all, this is a rebuilding project!

Sunday, January 18th: Metal Easel Flip Book
If you've been wanting to learn some techniques using crafting metal, this is the class you're looking for. This book is rich in techniques, including embossing by hand, embossing by machine, aging with liver of sulphur, aging metal with heat, stampin on metal, using foil tape...all put together into a usable and practical flip book on an easel. In addition to playing with metal, you'll also learn to build texture and dimension on a solid surface with texture medium and a mask. While I called my book "Live", naming your book is your choice...think Nature, Quotes, Love...you name it!

Check our website for additional project photos, prices, and times.
* Gift Certificates *

Gift Certificates are available in any denomination desired. Please let your families know where to find the PERFECT gift for any special occasion!

We look forward to seeing you soon!

Royal regards,
The Queen & Her Court

Save 25% COUPON
SAVE 25% on the in-stock products (inks, stamps, grungeboard, and "Ideology" line of embellishments) that Tim Holtz features in his 12 Days of Christmas Tags Feature, now running on timholtz.typepad.com. Use the "Forward email" feature at the bottom of this email to share this great offer with your family and friends.
Offer Expires: January 4, 2009

Forward email

This email was sent to by queens@queensink.com.
Update Profile/Email Address | Instant removal with SafeUnsubscribe™ | Privacy Policy. Email Marketing by

The Queen's Ink | 8600 Foundry Street | Historic Savage Mill | Savage | MD | 20763
InkPattie

Post by InkPattie »

Last year they were selling the Tim Holtz silver cases buy one/get one half price. I picked up several!

I have one with paint dabbers and Distress ink reinkers, and I need a second one, as I have gotten more of both, so they don't all fit any more.

Some of those classes sound really great. You are lucky to have a stamp store so close by; the closest one to us is about an hour's drive away. *sigh*
Ruth Ann Landry

I was on their link today and saw the French F lavor Junque book and am really tempted...DS works real close to Queen's Ink...I also emailed Tim awhile ago and asked if he had any plans for PA, NY, or MD and he said No, not as yet...drat!!! We'll have to wait until his schedule comes out, I guess
Kristen

Post by Kristen »

You know I can only justify an indulgence like that if I have an enabler/partner. lol

If you go, I'd love to go with you. :clap: Lemme know, you jet-setting retiree!!

Kristen
Ruth Ann Landry

Most definitely...you are my "partner in crime" in Maryland!