Weekend Plans?

Something else on your mind? Keep it clean, keep it nice
clamscrapper

Re: Weekend Plans?

Post by clamscrapper »

Looking forward to staying home this weekend. I've been out of town for the last two weekends so looking for some down time. Had a great time at the beach and then this past weekend in the mountains.

Sunday will be a busy day with church and family time later. Hopefully the beautiful weather will continue so I can get these hanging baskets finished and outside. My floor is full of plants that couldn't go out this week with the threat of freezing. I'm so ready for spring to stay. My azeleas and trees are in bloom. Everything is looking so beautiful.
Carol M (NC)

Check me out.
http://clamscrapperstudio.blogspot.com/

ImageImage
Trixie

Post by Trixie »

I am going to buy a lawn mower and then mow the lawn. I hate mowing. I am going somewhere for dinner on Easter. It will be fun, but they won't be hiding booze eggs. I have to bring a couple dishes, but no big deal. I hope to get some time to scrap and read in between all that. I have a 4 day weekend, too.

Judy
Judy Gunsaulis in WV
#91in the order of PAO
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Tomorrow after my aquafit class I'll get my hair cut. Then some scrambling for two Easter baskets for my grandson and granddaughter. I do wait till the last minute to do such things. Saturday (after we meet out of town friends for a fast bird walk at 8:30) is the family day at our friends' ranch consisting of egg hunts and possible buggy rides. I'll be bringing two dishes…a brown rice/bean/veggie salad and a large fruit bowl. Weather is to be gorgeous and we are looking forward to Nathaniel's fun in this egg hunt now that he is two. Sunday is our day to veg while our son writes 4 essays. I hope to get some birding and crafting in too.
FARLEY in Sacramento
Jenni Benni

Post by Jenni Benni »

We have a large egg hunt on Saturday at our church...we are helping coordinate and of course our boys will be hunting:). We leave for New Bern on Saturday night and will celebrate Easter with our family. We love Easter in our house and I'm looking forward to sunrise service. We will be at Camp Don Lee and it will be amazing to see the sunrise over the Pamlico Sound. We will also be enjoying a longer visit in New Bern with my hubby's brother and his family, as they are headed back to Kodiak, Alaska in June.
Jenni Benni
Mom to 3 sweet little boys.
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

I wanna go to Paula's for Easter! :drunk:

Kids are at my mom's through tomorrow, and I'd like for Rob and I to enjoy a night out, but we slacked off and didn't make reservations for the restaurant we want to go to, so... maybe not. I still need to make a pedi appointment for tomorrow too if I want to fit that in.

Right after work, I'm picking up my new hard drive with my recovered images though, so getting those moved to the network is definitely high on the agenda. :cool5:
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

so glad you got most of them back
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Our boss came in at 10:30 and asked, "Why are you all here? I thought you were taking today off as a holiday?"

Leaving shortly...
Pam Cook #48
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

pamcook wrote:Our boss came in at 10:30 and asked, "Why are you all here? I thought you were taking today off as a holiday?"

Leaving shortly...
Nice!
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

paddlegal wrote:Tomorrow after my aquafit class I'll get my hair cut. Then some scrambling for two Easter baskets for my grandson and granddaughter. I do wait till the last minute to do such things. Saturday (after we meet out of town friends for a fast bird walk at 8:30) is the family day at our friends' ranch consisting of egg hunts and possible buggy rides. I'll be bringing two dishes…a brown rice/bean/veggie salad and a large fruit bowl. Weather is to be gorgeous and we are looking forward to Nathaniel's fun in this egg hunt now that he is two. Sunday is our day to veg while our son writes 4 essays. I hope to get some birding and crafting in too.
Farley, I know it's been a while since you've had eggs (or animal products) but you boil eggs for Easter baskets - you don't scramble them. :lol:
Sorry - couldn't resist that one!

We're having rain, rain, and more rain today. I think I'll write a discussion post on the end of the Soviet Union and is the world safer after the end of the Cold War and then maybe go to a movie to reward myself. I completed & posted a layout yesterday in my Dubai Layouts thread and did mostly nothing the rest of the day. That's enough vegging for me this weekend. Since I got to leave work yesterday, I planned to push the wheelbarrow around the yard and pick up sticks. BUT - I saw the biggest, fattest black snake EVER along our front walkway. Our yard isn't big enough for the both of us.
Pam Cook #48
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

pamcook wrote:
paddlegal wrote:Tomorrow after my aquafit class I'll get my hair cut. Then some scrambling for two Easter baskets for my grandson and granddaughter. I do wait till the last minute to do such things. Saturday (after we meet out of town friends for a fast bird walk at 8:30) is the family day at our friends' ranch consisting of egg hunts and possible buggy rides. I'll be bringing two dishes…a brown rice/bean/veggie salad and a large fruit bowl. Weather is to be gorgeous and we are looking forward to Nathaniel's fun in this egg hunt now that he is two. Sunday is our day to veg while our son writes 4 essays. I hope to get some birding and crafting in too.
Farley, I know it's been a while since you've had eggs (or animal products) but you boil eggs for Easter baskets - you don't scramble them. :lol:
Sorry - couldn't resist that one!

We're having rain, rain, and more rain today. I think I'll write a discussion post on the end of the Soviet Union and is the world safer after the end of the Cold War and then maybe go to a movie to reward myself. I completed & posted a layout yesterday in my Dubai Layouts thread and did mostly nothing the rest of the day. That's enough vegging for me this weekend. Since I got to leave work yesterday, I planned to push the wheelbarrow around the yard and pick up sticks. BUT - I saw the biggest, fattest black snake EVER along our front walkway. Our yard isn't big enough for the both of us.

Too funny Pam. I didn't catch that at all. I'm home from the egg hunt and it was just fabulous. 99 people, 38 of them children, 4 of those were babies all about the same age and all girls…one of them being my granddaughter. It was so beautiful out at the ranch. Tables set up at the back of the ranch house (100 years old this year) egg hunts in several spots according to ages. Horses at every fence line watching us, birds everywhere and tables groaning with food. Now it's time for a nap I think. :D
FARLEY in Sacramento
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

I have a box of 500 sheets of deli paper and a freshly made gelli plate and I'm not afraid to use them.....
But first I need to finish another G45 layout of my Grandfather and his gas station.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Good news - I don't have to worry about that snake anymore. Turns out he was stuck in the bird netting on my blueberry bush. Evidently, they can't back up. No idea how long he's been there (dead). We're both too weirded-out to try to get rid of it. GAK!
Pam Cook #48
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I absolutely positively hate snakes. <<shudder>>

Going to try to get to church tomorrow morning if everyone feels well. I'm a little put out with them right now. George has had two surgeries over the past month so we haven't make it to church. Nobody has called to check on him or to see if there's anything wrong. Yet Sunday after Sunday we've listened to reports on everyone's sick grandchildren and friends who nobody in the church knows, as well as the inevitable questions to the congregation about everyone who never (and I mean never) comes to church. George is an Elder and has decided to resign from his position because of their total lack of caring. So I guess we're going to be looking for a new church home.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Pam - I know the feeling.

We've found a new church home (The Summit) after much searching. No one from our old church has ever asked about us. It's huge (7 campuses in NC alone) but our small group (about 20 of us now!) stays in touch. Our service tonight was packed (overflowing really). We go to the Saturday 4 p.m. service because it's a bit smaller typically. Our pastor webcasts his sermons for all 5 services every weekend. I like that his sermons are online. If you miss one in a series, it's nice to be able to catch up.

There's no excuse for how they've treated George. None whatsoever. I hope you quickly find a church where you are loved and appreciated.
Pam Cook #48
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Oh yuk. Our snake is alive and well and still tangled in the netting. Bless his heart - Joel is going to go try to untangle him. I may die of fright!
Pam Cook #48