It Wasn't Pretty, but we made it! Now with Pics!

Something else on your mind? Keep it clean, keep it nice
azemigh

It Wasn't Pretty, but we made it! Now with Pics!

Post by azemigh »

We were humming along nicely, drove to Las Vegas the first night after an easy 7 hours, got a good night's sleep, knowing we had a long, probably 13 hour drive the next day, going all the way to Redding, CA. Got about halfway, stopped for gas just outside of Reno, when I pulled the brilliant move of misjudging the second step down out of the truck and fell straight down on my you know what and slammed back hitting my head on the pavement. Luckily, did not knock myself out, but the birds were tweeting above my head for a few seconds and a lump the size of an orange rapidly grew. Station attendant brought me some ice and I elected to continue the drive, but if it grew anymore by Reno we were stopping at emergency. Luckily, it did stop growing and almost all of the swelling was down within 2 hours. Although, worried DH, kept checking my pupils every half hour and kept up a steady conversation. Got to Redding around 8pm and heard the hissing air as one of the car carrier tires slowly deflated, great, another thing to deal with. While hubby got on the phone with Penske, I checked for other bumps and bruises and lo and behold, I have a killer heart shaped bruise right above my tailbone; guess my big bum took the brunt of the fall; didn't even feel it and just today it feels a little sore. Last driving day went alot smoother and we unloaded that puppy in record time yesterday. DH dropped the truck off this morning and we are officially Oregon residents.

Hope you're all having a Happy Easter weekend!
pbp908

Re: It Wasn't Pretty, but we made it!

Post by pbp908 »

Holy cow Rachelle! Keep an eye on that bump on your head and all of those bruises. Glad you're safe and sound otherwise.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Ohmygosh. Hope you are feeling okay now. Those things creep up on you after 24-48 hours. Take care. Welcome to Oregon.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

So good to hear from you. Glad it's just bumps and bruises. Take it easy and send photos when you can!
:happy94:
Pam Cook #48
Paula

Post by Paula »

Well that was certainly a rough trip! Maybe it's time for bi-focals!! Seriously, I'm glad that you are okay! So glad that nothing worse resulted from the fall! Take your time unpacking. There is always tomorrow.
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

So glad you're ok, but please go to the doctor if anything seems amiss. Get some rest and don't rush the unpacking.
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

Yikes...glad that whole experience is over.

Hope you are able to sit down and relax.
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Glad you are safely there and that things weren't any worse. Don't overdo it, the boxes will be there tomorrow.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Good grief Rachelle!!! I'm so sorry you fell and had all those other things to take care of to boot. Relieved you are alright and that nothing worse occurred. I hope you can take a day off and rest a bit before you start your unpacking. Take care.
FARLEY in Sacramento
clamscrapper

Post by clamscrapper »

So glad you're ok. What a rough trip you had. Glad you made it ok. Rest some before tackling the unpacking. It will be there when you're ready.
Carol M (NC)

Check me out.
http://clamscrapperstudio.blogspot.com/

ImageImage
nancine

Post by nancine »

Glad you made it, but what a scare! Hope things are feeling okay today, but it may be a painful week for you!
jdrhope

Post by jdrhope »

that sounds like something i would do, glad you are okay
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

What a weekend! I hope you're feeling OK now, and so glad for you that it's over.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
Monica

Post by Monica »

Holy crap, Rachelle! What an experience! Hope you're doing better today. :happy94:
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

glad you made it and are ok
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois