May/June 2014 Scrapbook Sketch Challenge

ScrappinJen

May/June 2014 Scrapbook Sketch Challenge

Post by ScrappinJen »

So, due to my inability to plan ahead or work with a clock, I have gotten absolutely nowhere today. Well, not nowhere but ....oh, never mind. I'm rambling again. Here's a sketch I created from the project I am working on for Hello Story. I made a digital template for one of Ali's assignments and this is the result. WOW, right? Not very impressive but I hope my resulting layout will be nice. So Ali basically used sixteen 3 inch squares, many of which were filled with photos. The remaining squares on the assignment are filled with mathematics signs such as + and = and &. If you get my drift. Maybe it will all be clear once I post my layout in a day or so. Still need to have it printed since it is a hybrid 12x12 layout which I will have printed by Costco.

Anyway, if you hate it, I will understand. If you like it, GREAT! Extra credit if you actually use a math symbol and metallic or bling-y paper or embellishments. That's my plan anyway. Sorry to be such a ditz. My brain stopped working last month when I turned 60. YIKES!!!

Have fun!
Attachments
May SB sketch PAO.jpg
May SB sketch PAO.jpg (52.91 KiB) Viewed 881 times
ScrappinJen

Re: May 2014 Scrapbook Sketch Challenge

Post by ScrappinJen »

Okay, perhaps there is no activity here because your fearless hostess has taken too long to post her layout for this sketch??? Without further ado, here it is.

I was so disappointed about an error I made in the Photoshop preparation of this digi/hybrid layout that I became blocked about finishing it and posting it. I didn't want to fix it and spend another couple of bucks at Costco to repprint it so I am posting it as is. Let me know if you see my mistake. Insane I know, but these little things (mistakes) in my scrapbooks make me crazy. I'm such a perfectionist.

So I created the template in Photoshop. Used Club Scrap Tribal paper for the background and cut the shapes on my Silhouette. The Hello Story lesson in Week 5 is Mathematics. Ali's layout used plus signs to link a series of photos. I pretty much copied her design directly but her layout seems much more impressive. Oh, well......it's done. On to the next one.

Thanks for looking. I hope someone will make a layout using this sketch. If not, I'll try to do better next month.
Attachments
Enchanted Evening PAO.jpg
Enchanted Evening PAO.jpg (207.43 KiB) Viewed 845 times
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

I think this is a great layout for including lots of photos. It's definitely a challenging sketch to work with - but that's why we call it a challenge, right??? :lol:

I actually have some ideas for this, but I need to print photos from Photoshop, since the photos I'm thinking of don't naturally crop down to 3x3. So we'll see. Right now, my biggest single challenge is time. I've started piling weight back on over the last few months, so I've got to be careful about spending too much "free" time sitting down. Perhaps it's time to figure out how to crop standing up? LOL.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
katymjo

Post by katymjo »

I took these photos this morning!! We were at our local heritage railway and there were all these guys at work, wearing the high visibility clothing.
Thankyou Jen for the sketch, although some of my photos refused to be square!!
Kathryn.
Attachments
High-Vis-Vests.jpg
High-Vis-Vests.jpg (84.91 KiB) Viewed 833 times
Jenni Benni

Post by Jenni Benni »

Here is my LO...a youth event from 2008.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (19.96 KiB) Viewed 832 times
Jenni Benni
Mom to 3 sweet little boys.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Great job with these layouts!
Pam Cook #48
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Thanks for posting layouts. You've all done a great job do adapting the sketch to your needs.
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Extending this sketch through June.
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Here is my entry for May/June. Starting my Washing DC album!!

ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Great sketch adaptation. LOVE the guys in the bottom row. Have I seen them at National's games???
Jenni Benni

Post by Jenni Benni »

Love your LO Deb! The color choice is fantastic!
Jenni Benni
Mom to 3 sweet little boys.
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Great layouts! I need to try my hand at this sketch.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
mpizzazz

Re: May/June 2014 Scrapbook Sketch Challenge

Post by mpizzazz »

What a great way to start an album! Lots of fun pics and I like the black with the bright colors a lot!
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com