Post by troublesmom »

Debbie sorry about your friend :happy94: :happy94: :happy94:
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
azemigh

Re: Cue the crickets/weekend

Post by azemigh »

New house arrived on Thursday, can't move in till they get it blocked and tied down, so we've been doing some cleanup around it and some touch up painting. Can hardly wait to move in and maybe next weekend I'll get to start organizing the studio.

Sorry about your friend Debbie, :happy94:
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

I'll add my condolences Debbie - safe travels. :happy94:

I'll also add my excuse for the "nothing but crickets" for the weekend too. I've basically given up any kind of hope for crafting during the week. Ever since I started coming to work at 7:30 (over a year ago now), I can't stay up much past 9. Or if I do, I'm sitting in bed reading. And weekends with availability for crafting are becoming fewer and farther between.

This past weekend, I took Nicole to a "home alone" class on Friday night, since she'll be needing to ride the bus home from middle school and be home alone for at least an hour most nights. They release early almost every Wednesday also, so that's an even longer home alone day. The class was at a hospital, and she said she learned a lot. We're still going to have to add some of our own ground rules, but for basic safety stuff, Nicole does better when she hears it from someone other than Rob and I. She learned how to tune us out years ago. :roll:

Saturday we had Nicole's volleyball game followed by my niece's birthday party. By the time we got home, I was too wiped out to do much more than watch a movie. Yesterday was chores, chores, chores. The kids were miffed that I put them to work so hard. But there was a lot to be done. Most of the afternoon was spent cleaning up after a wind-blown tree from a couple of weeks ago. The tree is diseased and is scheduled to be removed in a few weeks, but in the meantime, a solid chunk of it broke off in the yard, and we finally got around to cutting it into small enough pieces to either go in a lawn collection bag or the wood pile for the fire pit. Add a trip to the library and grocery shopping, and a couple loads of laundry, and that pretty much killed off the weekend.

I'm trying to keep next weekend freed up to do some crafting. At a minimum, I need to work on the layout swap, since we'll be out of town the following weekend. Then after that, school starts. And then it's really off to the races. :?
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

Worked in the house all weekend.... scrapbooking is on hold for the time being.... everything is crammed in boxes or on shelves in various places around the house right now.

We picked up Mike's "not fixed" truck and brought it home... at least it's now been totaled and he has a little money coming to get a replacement. The fire dept's insurance picked up the tab on it since it was at the station due to him responding there because of the hurricane. Of course... this is the 2nd vehicle he's lost that way.

Then we picked up a used washer and dryer that a co-worker has donated.... and some more supplies to do more demo on the kitchen... the cabinets are coming out from under the big solid-surface countertop without it breaking... so far... still a couple more cabinets to pull out... we'll be able to save all those, too... the water subsided fast enough that there wasn't any lingering damage to them... and since they're made of plywood and not particle-board, we're in much better shape.

So... Sunday was pulling cabinets and almost all of the rest of the flooring... and washing the cabinets with cleaner and bleach... and then sweeping up the small debris on the floor... repeatedly... LOL ... tearing out these floorboards has been messy work...

I do need to gather enough supplies to make some Thank You cards... I think I can wing it and get some made... lots of people deserve them.

So... that was my fun weekend... hahah.... someday I'll be living a normal life... I hope...
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

Sorry for all of your home, weather related troubles Debi. Life is interesting, to say the least.

nchoney wrote:someday I'll be living a normal life... I hope...
Now for this quote...I have to say the same thing. I long for normal.
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

We were out of Internet reach over the weekend after leaving Sydney for a little road trip. I'm just catching up.
A 15 hour flight from Sydney to Dallas took up today there and here. I wouldn't recommend it, the 12 hours to LA is bad enough. We fly the rest of the way home tomorrow.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Safe travels Marianne!
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Thanks, Julie! It all went smoothly and we arrived home last night. Dinner then bed, now for the jetlag, got 4 hours sleep!
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Ugh. The jet lag.
I don't even notice it when flying about the US but those 10+ hour time differences. M.I.S.E.R.A.B.L.E.
Pam Cook #48
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Glad you are home safe and sound!
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

My friend, Sheila passed away . I'm betting she's already hard at work in the garden!
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I am so sorry, Debbie. :happy94:
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Monica

Post by Monica »

((hugs)) Sorry for your loss, Debbie!
No. 28 in the Order of PAO