Scrapping on a Tuesday? Wha?

jfugina

Scrapping on a Tuesday? Wha?

Post by jfugina »

Yeah, there's a cub scout den meeting up in my kitchen. I already had the girl scout meeting after school today, so I want no part of that - so I hid out in my scrap room! Here are three quick layouts I threw together tonight. Two were based on SG sketches, and the other (Jake's lost tooth) was just kind of thrown together by rummaging through drawers. It's not very typical for me, but I think it came out fairly decent.
Attachments
NicoleReading.jpg
NicoleReading.jpg (46.92 KiB) Viewed 290 times
Nicole11BD.jpg
Nicole11BD.jpg (36.2 KiB) Viewed 290 times
JakeLostTooth.jpg
JakeLostTooth.jpg (35.01 KiB) Viewed 290 times
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
jfugina

Re: Scrapping on a Tuesday? Wha?

Post by jfugina »

By the way - no kits were used for any of tonight's layouts - it was all from loose stash! Woot. Not like I made a dent or anything, but it was great to be able to pull from the paper bin and embellishment bin for a change.
Julie Fugina
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Looks like you had a good time pulling things out to use! I'm in awe of 3 layouts in one evening. :clap:
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Fun layouts!
I'm impressed -especially for a Tuesday.
That Heidi Swapp paper was always a favorite of mine. I like how you used it.
Good job!
Pam Cook #48
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Great job Julie, loved the lost tooth the best! And the journaling. I seem to fail at journaling 3/4 of the time.
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

Yay!! Well done!!

I worked on some card panels last night..... need to put finishing touches to them. I think I'm going to try making a large batch of cards and then bringing them in to work to see if folks want to buy them. They were impressed with last year's Christmas cards, so I might make a bit of extra cash... to be able to support my crafting habit. :-)
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

pamcook wrote: I'm impressed -especially for a Tuesday.
Do not underestimate my desire to be as far away from a cub scout den meeting as possible. :lol:

Thanks for all of the kind remarks everyone. I did a little bit of reorganizing of embellishments last weekend, and I think it might be making it easier to get them used on layouts. I've never been very good with embellishments. I had been mostly happy with the way I had everything segregated, but one last tweak was needed. Usually, I pull paper first when I'd doing a layout (and I'm not using a kit). And embellishments often just don't happen. Paper-title-journaling-done. But, which each of these three layouts, I started by rummaging through the embellishment and sticker drawers. Then I looked for paper that would complement.

This approach was necessitated by the Bella Blvd warehouse box from a few months ago. They sent a crap-ton of stickers and embellishments, and I really truly loved what they sent. As I've mentioned before, I don't usually gravitate to elegant or sophisticated designs for my kid layouts. I want something bright and fun. And the gazillion sticker sheets that Bella Blvd sent walked the line between elegant, and something I'd use on kid layouts. Some of the designs seem fairly sophisticated (like the stickers in the layout with Nicole in the playset), but they still have a bit of a cartoon-y feel to them. Of course, Nicole is growing up, so I'm sure that I'll be switching gears to some of my papers that I still have from Swirlydoos - many of those papers always seemed "moody" to me. So all of those grungy butterflies and such will start to feel perfect. :lol:
Julie Fugina
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Was that House of Three paper the Heidi Swapp paper you're referring to Pam? I hadn't even noticed. I know that it's the last of the "Daily Junque" collection that I got in the Pink Paislee warehouse box all those years ago. And that paper always threw me for a loop. But, every last piece of that collection got used for something featuring Jake. Somehow, that collection just worked with him. The tag was something from a tag swap several years ago - it was from Christy. Smooshed a bit of color on the stamped image and added letter stickers, and all of a sudden I loved it.

I have a feeling that I'll be busting out lots of layouts in the near future that have embellishments that just need to be gone (like that film strip stuff). So many of the embellishments we get in kits never made sense to me, but by george, they're going to go on layouts whether they make sense to me or not. Especially since I ultimately liked the way that lost tooth layout came out with the tag and the film strip.
Julie Fugina
Monica

Post by Monica »

Great pages, Julie and way to go with busting through some stash!!
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

jfugina wrote:Was that House of Three paper the Heidi Swapp paper you're referring to Pam? I hadn't even noticed. I know that it's the last of the "Daily Junque" collection that I got in the Pink Paislee warehouse box all those years ago. And that paper always threw me for a loop. But, every last piece of that collection got used for something featuring Jake. Somehow, that collection just worked with him. The tag was something from a tag swap several years ago - it was from Christy. Smooshed a bit of color on the stamped image and added letter stickers, and all of a sudden I loved it.

I have a feeling that I'll be busting out lots of layouts in the near future that have embellishments that just need to be gone (like that film strip stuff). So many of the embellishments we get in kits never made sense to me, but by george, they're going to go on layouts whether they make sense to me or not. Especially since I ultimately liked the way that lost tooth layout came out with the tag and the film strip.
Yes, the House of Three paper. Love the colors and the designs. It really works well with your photos!
Pam Cook #48
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Great job on those layouts Julie!
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

glad to see you could scrap, great layouts