My Own Color Swatch Book

New tricks to amaze your friends
fuzzylover

Re: My Own Color Swatch Book

Post by fuzzylover »

mpizzazz wrote:Maritza,
This comment is for you!!!!

If you look at the picture you will see that I cut the squares out of the mattes as far into them as I could. That way you can still use the matte to put a photo on and no one will know that it has a hole cut out of it. I learned many years ago, never cut a piece out of the corner of a whole piece of paper whether it be 8.5 x 11 or 12 x 12. Go inside the paper leaving a border around the edge of about 3/4" and cut out your piece. Later when you use the piece of paper it can be covered by a matte or another piece of paper. I have cut a 1 1/2" square out of 12 x 12 and no one knows, do you? In fact, I do this a lot for mattes or behind an 8.5 x 11" piece of paper and no one knows there are holes in it.
What a great idea - never thought of doing that. I always cut out the large sections behind the CS layouts that called for putting a whole 8-1/2 x 11 on top of a 12 x 12. The cheap part of me always thought "what a waste". That piece was easily two more mats or paper for title cut-outs. Of course, that was in addition to the pops that I get.
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

You know what I LOVE about this place...

You can always learn something new here :D
marshapetty

Post by marshapetty »

I can attest to Marianne's brilliance! She is soooo resourceful and creative. We could all benefit from a thread devoted to "Tips from Marianne!" (Not a bad idea for a column in the Scrap Rap!) Not to mention how talented and artistic she is too!

Oh, and InkPattie - I think the CS you are looking for is in the Academy kit - it's like a manilla folder or tag.
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Thank you for all your comments. I had no idea all these were here :oops: :oops: . I was looking in my User Control Panel and realized that all my watched topics appear there, did you know that????
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
n8tvtexan

Post by n8tvtexan »

What a fabu idea!!!!!
Maree

Post by Maree »

Fantastic idea but my collection far outweighs my motivation to do the same :roll: :lol:
ESIDER

Post by ESIDER »

I am adding this to my list of a miilion things I want to make one day! I used to cut 1 inch squares out of each of the papers from a kit (I, too, cut from the centers of papers - usually mattes or POPs) and glue dot them to the outside of the pizza box on the right hand side of the flap that tucks in to close. This worked great until I ran out of room to store them and the boxes had to go buh-bye.

I really like your "flip card strip method" though and definitely want to try it out!
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

I might try and work one of these in next year myself. Great idea.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO