Stick It adhesive sheets

Save some $ Find out what works
pamcook

Stick It adhesive sheets

Post by pamcook »

Has anyone tried it? For those of you who use dies a bit, it looks kind of magical!

Blitsy has a video demonstrating it today.
Pam Cook #48
jfugina

Re: Stick It adhesive sheets

Post by jfugina »

Hmm. Blitzy is being stupid and won't let me sign in with my FB account. I wonder if it's because I un-checked the thing that allows them to have my e-mail address.

Anyway, I wonder if it's basically like a Xryon machine? I LOVE my two xyron machines. I mean - if you're going to own dies or a cutter of any kind, I think they are must haves. However, I will admit that you almost always get more adhesive than you want, and always have to rub the excess from around the edges and from the interior cut out pieces. I wonder if this product is any better about ONLY sticking to the die cut.

I need to seek out another video source. I'm not signing up for Blitzy just to see a video, but I'm curious about the stuff.

Edit: Just found a YouTube video, and I now see how it's different. This would be GREAT for steel-ruled dies, but I think my Cricut would absolutely shred it on anything remotely intricate. The cricut knife can snag on ANYTHING, and I suspect even the thinnest layer of sticky in between two sheets would give it fits. But if anyone gets some and tries it with a cricut, let me know!
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

It reminded me very much of Xyron and I need to pull that thing out to use with my dies. I don't need it for the dies I've been using - I actually like them to raise up from the page a bit.
Pam Cook #48
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Sticky backed adhesives like this one are terrific. I've been using Stephanie Barnard's version of Stick-It, called Sizzix Adhesive Sheets for about a year now. Elizabeth Craft Designs also has a similar product. it is great for dies and punches but I have to agree I haven't had the nerve to use it on my electronic cutter yet. But I am tempted to try it out. It is particularly useful for those word dies and there is a lot less waste than with the Xyron. I sold my Xyron :lol:

At my LSS the Sizzix version is 10 sheets of 6x6 for $4.95. Elizabeth's is double the price...5, 6x6 sheets for $5! I haven't compared them yet to see if one is better over the other. The prices on Blitzy are pretty good for those larger sheets. Go for it!
FARLEY in Sacramento
jdrhope

Post by jdrhope »

Xyron machine- where is my xyron machine. I will not buy anything new if i have something that works already!!! :roll:
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

I have 3 different sizes of that machine
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I need to pull mine out as well. I can tear off similar size sheets. If I use it, then I can buy refills, right?
Pam Cook #48
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Yes. You may.
I guess I should dust mine off.

My LSS JUST this morning sent an email telling me they have this stuff. And I had never heard of it before. How does that happen? Two notices within an hour?