Sizzix Flip-its

jfugina

Sizzix Flip-its

Post by jfugina »

So, somewhere as I was browsing the posts here, I followed a link to look at the Sizzix Flip Its card dies. Lord but those look like a heck of a good time! So I quickly went to Amazon and found several to put on a wish list, knowing that Rob's family's gift exchange would be soliciting ideas and that would give them something to go off of.

But then I noticed my husband's calendar (we have like 8 google calendars that we both work from), where he had a reminder to look for a package. He must have forgotten that I see his calendar along with mine, because he labeled the reminder "Sizzix". YAY! I think that means I get some fun dies for Christmas! And he never does anything by half measures, so it's possible I got every one I put on the list. Yay again! I'm gonna be having some serious fun making cards next year.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
nancine

Re: Sizzix Flip-its

Post by nancine »

:cool5: You will love those flip-its!
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Oh, you are naughty!
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Debbie J wrote:Oh, you are naughty!
Who, me? :angel:

Seriously though - he knows I look at his calendar every day. He sometimes has work stuff that keeps him from getting home at a normal time, and he's got lots of cub scout stuff going on (he's taken on a leadership role within the pack, as well as being Den leader), so I have to check to see if he's got evening plans. It's not my fault if he can't be a little more covert with what he puts on his calendar. LOL.

It could backfire on me though - I suppose he could have put that there as a plant, expecting that I would see, and then intend to surprise me with something I didn't expect. But I have my doubts... :lol:
Julie Fugina
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

I doubt it's covert, men don't think that way. Women....oh yeah!!

One year Rod got me a grandfather's clock and put it on the credit card!!! Well, guess who pays the bills????????? Yeah, that was a big surprise!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
nancine

Post by nancine »

The guy at work "had" to get his wife a Push Present - their baby was due the 5th and still isn't here. Now they are hoping for Saturday... 12-13-14.

He had the jewelry store hold onto it until last week so it wouldn't show on the CC statement. He's pretty smart, took the hint from his wife when she said "Chrissy was pretty disappointed John didn't get her a push present".

Cripes things have changed in 30 years... no push presents for me! And my husband didn't take off work to go to every.single.OB.appointment with me.
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

I'd say his wife is pretty smart for giving that "subtle" hint! ;)
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Ok, what is a Push Present?
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

I can only guess - I never got one either. I never got any kind of gift after either kid was born. Mine couldn't have been a push present anyway, since both of my kids were surgically removed. :lol:
Julie Fugina
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

jfugina wrote:I can only guess - I never got one either. I never got any kind of gift after either kid was born. Mine couldn't have been a push present anyway, since both of my kids were surgically removed. :lol:
You and I qualify for the "slice" present, wich I have had kids both ways and the slice is a lot harder to recover from than the push! :clap:
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Ok, I wouldn't have qualified either as she appeared on 'the' day. And that was present enough!
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
Monica

Post by Monica »

Julie, I agree with Nancy - you will LOVE those flip-its! I have 5 of them now and they are so much fun to use. Also a great way to use up scraps that are too big to throw away but may not make it onto a page ever again. (I know I'm not the only one who keeps those)
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Flip It's. I think I have five. You will not regret.

And I cannot believe there is such a thing as a push present. Maybe she owes him a present for putting the package in there in the first place. Jeesh.
nancine

Post by nancine »

ScrappinJen wrote:
And I cannot believe there is such a thing as a push present. Maybe she owes him a present for putting the package in there in the first place. Jeesh.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Even my daughter never heard of a push present! And from what I hear a c-section is much harder to recover from so those ladies deserve a present too!

The guys at work are kind of rolling their eyes now, baby still not here and he's off until January 5th for family bonding and helping with the baby. All the men here said they went right back to work after the baby was born so they don't really get it.

He took today off and the rest of the year off :shock: All his vacation. But - being a SMALL company we told him he must be available by phone if we have any questions on any of his jobs or quotes. He asked me about FMLA leave... ummm, we only have 7 employees total ----> we don't "qualify". His wife works for Symantec so they get all the perks!