JANUARY MONTHLY CHRISTMAS CARD CHALLENGE (it's Jen's fault)

paddlegal

JANUARY MONTHLY CHRISTMAS CARD CHALLENGE (it's Jen's fault)

Post by paddlegal »

Jen got the brilliant idea (truly) late last year that it would be smart to make 5 (FIVE) holiday cards each month so when the holidays roll around she wouldn't be scrambling to make them. She has thrown down the gauntlet and we have begun this challenge.

Join us in this craziness and make 5 holiday cards each month and post them here. It's a great way to use up that old holiday stash as well. And don't forget, you could double dip here and use my January Card Sketch to get you started! I'll probably start a new thread for each month so it doesn't get too difficult to see the cards.

There's still time to make 5 this month. Let's make the most of it.
FARLEY in Sacramento
ScrappinJen

Re: JANUARY MONTHLY CHRISTMAS CARD CHALLENGE (it's Jen's fau

Post by ScrappinJen »

Of course, it doesn't really have to be five, does it, Farley? After I made my bold statement, I realized I don't even have sixty people to mail cards to. Or even 55, if I only do it through November. Anyway, I'm starting off with five to cover my butt for those months I don't get any made.

Double benefit is using up Christmas stash to allow for more purchases later this year when new cool stuff comes out. And we won't even bring up the topic of rubber (or polymer) stamps that haven't seen ink. Oh, no, not going to mention that.

Thanks for playing along. Hope you don't think we're crazy.

P.S. By the way, I am totally addicted to Flip it style cards but they are a dickens to photograph.

P.P.S. Tried to brighten my photo a bit. Sorry.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (40.71 KiB) Viewed 692 times
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Excellent!!! Flip It's are so great for making lots of cards and using up papers. These are darling Jen and I love the vintage look of them.

So here are my 5. I made the blue and green cards a few weeks ago using a pad of doodlebug paper I meant to use last year. Doh! But this is my second chance. Yay! The red cards were easy ones using an embossing folder for the card base and die cut shapes that match the interior of the embossed frame. Old paper pads came to my rescue...I am using my stash! Woohooo.
Attachments
January Christmas Cards 1.jpg
January Christmas Cards 1.jpg (128.38 KiB) Viewed 756 times
January Christmas Cards 2.jpg
January Christmas Cards 2.jpg (156.63 KiB) Viewed 756 times
FARLEY in Sacramento
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Great cards, Farley. I adore those doodlebug ones. And what kind of embossing folder is that. Too cool.

Now that I'm looking at my photo I realize I need to re-photograph my cards. They look terrible.
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Both sets are wonderful and inspiring! On mt list to get done.
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Wonderful challenge! I usually work on Christmas cards all year anyhow. My big problem is I still have tons of them left. I have even given them away and with the cost of postage I'm cutting back on who I send to. I guess I'll just have to give more away :lol:
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

It's a great idea and I'll enjoy seeing all you make. But I, too, have enough cards already for this year. :tomato:
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
Monica

Post by Monica »

Just a thought for those of you who have enough Christmas cards already but still want to play along. You can always send them to Operation Write Home. Just go to their website to review the rules for cards for the troops, then have at!
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

great idea and cards
glad when i can try
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Monica wrote:Just a thought for those of you who have enough Christmas cards already but still want to play along. You can always send them to Operation Write Home. Just go to their website to review the rules for cards for the troops, then have at!
That is a wonderful idea, Monica, and I have sent them a lot of cards. But...I've decided my cardmaking just for the fun of making cards is over. There are too many other projects waiting here for me to do. Maybe my challenge should be finish 5 projects a month! :lol: :lol: :lol:
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

That's my plan exactly, Monica. As we know, our tastes change, even through the year, on what we want to send out. I figure by the OWH deadline, I can sift through, decide which ones I need to keep and then ship the rest off. My biggest problem is that I am totally addicted to Flip It's and they aren't super appropriate for OWH. So I need to force myself to make standard A2 cards. Hopefully, Farley's sketch will inspire me each month.
nancine

Post by nancine »

I made four - not going to worry about having 5. These weren't so bad once I got going, but lots of masking then waiting for the paste to dry. This card was one of the lessons in the Online Card classes this past holiday and I'd been dying to try it.
Attachments
january2015ChristmasCardBatch.jpg
january2015ChristmasCardBatch.jpg (208.07 KiB) Viewed 711 times
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Oh wow, wow, wow Nancy!!! These are drop-dead-beautiful. You are in your way.
FARLEY in Sacramento
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Wow, you guys put my cards to shame!
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Nancy, those are gorgeous! There is something about a tree, masked hills and snowflakes that I can't resist.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels