Marquee Love

Keitha

Marquee Love

Post by Keitha »

Has anyone else had a chance to play with the new Marquee letters by Heidi Swapp? Since before Christmas I've been seeing marquee signs/letters everywhere, and when Michaels got these in decided I wanted one. Rather than my initial I went for the "&" and this is the result. Let me just tell you if you decide to glitter one as I did, be prepared to sparkle all over! But as I read in an art journal yesterday, sometimes you gotta fling glitter everywhere.
Attachments
marquee &_r.jpg
marquee &_r.jpg (192.07 KiB) Viewed 375 times
troublesmom

Re: Marquee Love

Post by troublesmom »

That is very cool Keitha! Glitter has to go on something like that doesn't it.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

How cool! Does it actually light up? It looks like it in the photo. I have a wooden ampersand that I need to do something with.
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Very cool Keitha! I have a couple of marquee style word stamps that I've been meaning to use. This is a great reminder.
FARLEY in Sacramento
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Debbie J wrote:How cool! Does it actually light up? It looks like it in the photo. I have a wooden ampersand that I need to do something with.
Yes, it actually lights up, Debbie. Heidi Swapp makes them and they are at Michaels, half price now. Just sayin'
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Yep, you're seeing the same piece unlit and lit up, side by side. (Proud of myself that I figured out how to do that in one image, LOL.) Each letter comes with a battery-operated string of lights that is exactly the right number of bulbs for whatever letter you've got. Hopefully they'll go on sale for half off again up here; yesterday when I was in Michaels they were buy one, get the 2nd half off. But I don't need 2 more.

I was making the bed today and found a few bits of gold glitter on the clean sheets I just put on the bed; still trying to figure out how they got there, LOL. I'm sure I'll be finding it on everything for months.
katymjo

Post by katymjo »

And here I was, thinking a Marquee was a giant tent! :lol: you know, what they put up at the County Show!
Kathryn.
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

katymjo wrote:And here I was, thinking a Marquee was a giant tent! :lol: you know, what they put up at the County Show!
Kathryn.
That's going to be her next project! :D :lol:
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
nancine

Post by nancine »

that's pretty cool!!
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Very cool! And yes, I think that a project like that is just the thing that needs to be completely coated with glitter. It works great, and I'm sure the effect in-person with the lights on is just stunning.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO