Instructions for fragment pendants (ETA step 5 and pictures)

New tricks to amaze your friends
rinda

Instructions for fragment pendants (ETA step 5 and pictures)

Post by rinda »

I've never tried to attach a word document, so I don't know if this will work. But, here's the instructions for how I made my fragment pendants. It's similar to a technique for dimensional collage that I learned in a class taught by Tim Holtz, but uses his fragments instead.
rinda

Fragment Collage Pin Instructions
Maria L. Ontiveros

1. Choose a pendant fragment and an image that you would like to use as the focal point in the collage. The image should occupy 50-75% of the fragment area. Place the fragment over various images to decide which one to use. I started with collage sheets that I created with heritage photos or vacation photos. You can also use images from collage sheets available from online stores or from clipart. The image should be printed in such a way that it is waterproof.
2. Place the fragment onto the image sheet and trace around the fragment. Do not trace closely to the edge; leave a small border. Cut along the outside of your traced line.
3. Decide upon the other embellishments you want to add to your collage. I used many from the Tim Holtz distressable line and from various Club Scrap/Club Stamp projects. Trim them, and ink the edges. For larger pendants, I tend to add many embellishments around the edges of the focal point photo. For smaller pendants, I tend to add a word and a small embellishment. When you have the scene laid out, as you would like, adhere them with glossy accents. If you would like to, you may trim the outer edge of the collage a bit, and ink its edge.
4. Drizzle glossy accents all over the back of your fragment and place it onto your creation. Move the fragment around a bit to spread the glossy accents evenly before pressing it into its final place. Turn the fragment over, and use a bone folder to burnish the make and make sure that every part of the collage is adhered to the fragment. The back will look a little lumpy in the places where you have added embellishments.
5. Trim closely around the fragment with scissors.
6. To finish, use a piercer to put a hole through the collage that matches the hole in the fragment. I also like to ink the back of the pendant. Place a jump ring through the hole. The pendant can be hung on a cord, as is, or beads can be added to make it more ornate.
Attachments
fragpendantslg.jpg
fragpendantslg.jpg (140.93 KiB) Viewed 391 times
Ruth Ann Landry

Re: Instructions for fragment pendants (ETA step 5 and pictures)

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

thank you rinda...