Finally Friday

Something else on your mind? Keep it clean, keep it nice
pamcook

Finally Friday

Post by pamcook »

You know those Friday work days that seem like they'll never end? Yeah. This was one of them.
Sitting here waiting for Zumba to start. Wish I could go home and escape with a good book. Gotta get all my weekend cleaning done tonight. Neighbors are planning a ($20k) water line project which will most certainly break our lines in the process. Sure they'll fix whatever they break but it's a major inconvenience. Cross your fingers they find our leak(s) so we can repair them! We're supposed to have some really hot days coming up so I plan to get a few crafting projects done. Tomorrow will be an early start at the farmer's market but then I will either be at my desk or window shopping at Home Depot.

Anyone have plans for the weekend?
Pam Cook #48
paddlegal

Re: Finally Friday

Post by paddlegal »

Gosh, glad your Friday is done and you get to that good book soon.

Watching the weather report right now for Sacramento and the Valley...not good. Right now at 4 pm it's 94 and no breeze about. Triple digits for this weekend through next Friday! Besides helping Bob with the finishing of the wood and glue up of my long-awaited book case for my bird books, I hope to play more with my KNK as well as some scrapping with some of the great paper pads I've recently acquired.

I see that this heat wave referred to now as a heat dome is all across the country. Stay cool everyone.
FARLEY in Sacramento
pbp908

Re: Finally Friday

Post by pbp908 »

We're still trying to catch up the mowing that we haven't been able to do for a month. Non-stop rain for almost 4 weeks, the weld broke on the mowing deck of the new riding mower (manufacturers mistake), and the hydraulics out on the tractor - none of those issues helped the situation, especially when you've got a 9 acre yard with 3' tall grass. If it were better quality grass with no weeds I'd call someone to hay it. As it is, we're mowing once with the blades high and then going back over it again for a closer cut. I mowed for 6 hours straight last weekend and only finished about half of it with the riding mower. We're still waiting on the John Deere place to get to the tractor. Can't complain too much about that because they're working on the farming equipment first which goes to people's livelihood. Still an inconvenience when we have a window of sunshine for mowing.

My knee is killing me, and this has been a SOB of a summer at work. I'm trying to finish another grant proposal, had two days of training with the fiscal T/TA, had budget work to do on our base funding, and so on and so on and so on... And the staff come back on Aug. 10. Whoopee.

I have new folders and dies to play with, several new books downloaded and a stack of "real" books that my sister brought me. This is what I consider to be an embarrassment of riches! I've got to make some time to play.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com