Where Is Everyone???

Something else on your mind? Keep it clean, keep it nice
ChristyB

Re: Where Is Everyone???

Post by ChristyB »

ScrappinJen wrote:Lexi is on the college tour this summer. She's not a scholastic genius so not visiting Yale.

Friday was Wittenberg. But I think she really liked High Point. Her brother is a Gamecock so she would be one state away. Make visits easier for the parental unit.

Not big name schools but....I'm rambling.

Highpoint is less than an hour from me depending on traffic. Gorgeous school and they have put so much $ into it.
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

pbp908 wrote:Have you looked at UVA?

It's on the list. Probably this fall. We are done for a bit now.
4 trips North and I have had it for a while, and poor Ry has had it even more :lol:
(Steve thinks UVA is one of the prettiest schools around)
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

ChristyB wrote:
William & Mary, Yale, Brown, Duke & Wake Forest have been the latest.
absolutely positively fell in love with Yale
Of course, and Yale is probably the furthest from home! Not to mention it might be a good school and all that...
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

I am going with kids to amusement park for next 2 days in Virginia -- Kings dominion
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

I am going with kids to amusement park for next 2 days in Virginia -- Kings dominion
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
nancine

Post by nancine »

I had a busy work/pleasure week! Had my monthly stamp/scrap day with my Renegade group ( Lucy included) and yesterday a very eventful "sponsor cruise" with my Camaro Club ending with us being towed home. We think perhaps the alternator? Spent almost 2 hours on the side of the road in a bus stop until AAA tow was able to rescue us! Yeah Garrett. And during the cruise one poor member was hit in an intersection - at least no injuries other than his right front end. Ma'am you really shouldn't turn left from a center lane... :angry48:

I did get a big box from Shutterfly yesterday - so I'm set to hop on the scrapbooking train!
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

nancine wrote:I had a busy work/pleasure week! Had my monthly stamp/scrap day with my Renegade group ( Lucy included) and yesterday a very eventful "sponsor cruise" with my Camaro Club ending with us being towed home. We think perhaps the alternator? Spent almost 2 hours on the side of the road in a bus stop until AAA tow was able to rescue us! Yeah Garrett. And during the cruise one poor member was hit in an intersection - at least no injuries other than his right front end. Ma'am you really shouldn't turn left from a center lane... :angry48:

I did get a big box from Shutterfly yesterday - so I'm set to hop on the scrapbooking train!
For some reason, I thought your car was the one in the accident. Better to be "just" broken down, I think. You were out in that heat for 2 hours? Ugh. Good no one was injured.
Pam Cook #48
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

Pam.... not sure where the number 29 came from for number of rescues.... and also not sure what time frame they were referring to... maybe so far this summer... it's actually been slow for rescuing people in the ocean so far this summer... and that's a good thing. Mike doesn't pull the Water Rescue shifts... he's more involved on the fire/rescue side of things...

There have been 2 reported drownings in the area this past week... one in Frisco and the other on Ocracoke... both well out of our district. One was a 67 year old man and the other a 71 year old.
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
nancine

Post by nancine »

pamcook wrote:
nancine wrote:I had a busy work/pleasure week! Had my monthly stamp/scrap day with my Renegade group ( Lucy included) and yesterday a very eventful "sponsor cruise" with my Camaro Club ending with us being towed home. We think perhaps the alternator? Spent almost 2 hours on the side of the road in a bus stop until AAA tow was able to rescue us! Yeah Garrett. And during the cruise one poor member was hit in an intersection - at least no injuries other than his right front end. Ma'am you really shouldn't turn left from a center lane... :angry48:

For some reason, I thought your car was the one in the accident. Better to be "just" broken down, I think. You were out in that heat for 2 hours? Ugh. Good no one was injured.
Yes - so thankful things weren't worse. And we felt lucky in that we decided to drive the back roads home and avoid the awfully crowded 101 & 85 freeways. Would've been awful to have her completely die zooming down the freeway! Mark wasn't too happy where we were stuck, fairly busy street and parked partially in the bus zone! And numerous cops went by or around that intersection and didn't pay one bit of attention to us! I guess they have more important things to worry about even though the sign says "no stopping anytime" :lol: :lol:
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Yikes, having to wait 2 hours in that heat...that's no good. Glad you finally got home safely.
FARLEY in Sacramento