HSN Craft event 1/10

Post by pamcook »

On now or go to their website.
Anna Griffin fans will jump for joy. :D
Pam Cook #48
pamcook

Re: HSN Craft event 1/10

Post by pamcook »

Did anyone buy anything? I was a bit disappointed. IF I needed another die cut machine, I could have been happy.
Not me!
Pam Cook #48
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

I bought some xyron adhesive refills for my old 9" and 5" machines, plus 1 package of AG die cuts.

I am eyeing the Brother Scan n Cut 2...I do not have any electronic die cutters. Opinions on this one?
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Pat I have 3 friends that own them and love them. They do have their quirks but generally they are quite satisfied. One great thing is that no computer is required and they are reasonably portable. They are great for cutting out stamps of any kind and can replace die sets in many cases.
FARLEY in Sacramento
nancine

Post by nancine »

pat-czap wrote:I bought some xyron adhesive refills for my old 9" and 5" machines, plus 1 package of AG die cuts.

I am eyeing the Brother Scan n Cut 2...I do not have any electronic die cutters. Opinions on this one?
Pat - check out May Flaum. She does a lot with the Brother Scan n Cut.... http://mayflaum.com/
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

nancine wrote:
Pat - check out May Flaum. She does a lot with the Brother Scan n Cut.... http://mayflaum.com/
I've seen her many times on Scrapbook Soup, which at times feels like a scan n cut infomercial...lol

I'll take a look at the link, thanks.
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Pat, Julie Fei Fan Balzer of Balzer Designs is a spokesperson for Brother and does a lot with the machine on her blog and on the show she hosts. Maybe that was Scrapbook Soup but it has a different name now, Not sure what it is, just google her and she will show up if you don't already know about her.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
EDelValle

Post by EDelValle »

I probably would have gotten the cute little
round die cutter as something to use for a quick
cut on the scrap table, but it was sold out. LOL
Be Yourself, Everyone else is taken

Elizabeth in Brooklyn
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Elizabeth, you might be happy you didn't. I've read widely mixed reviews about them. While the portability/size seems nice, it severely restricts the size of dies you can you. Several people have complained that it's finicky about the thickness of the paper you use as well.
Pam Cook #48
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

mpizzazz wrote:Pat, Julie Fei Fan Balzer of Balzer Designs is a spokesperson for Brother and does a lot with the machine on her blog and on the show she hosts. Maybe that was Scrapbook Soup but it has a different name now, Not sure what it is, just google her and she will show up if you don't already know about her.
I was also thinking of Julie for go-to info on the scan n cut. Her New TV show is called Make It Artsy. If your local station doesn't carry it you can apparently find episodes online.