2018 April Card Sketch Challenge - Bold, Black Patterns

fuzzylover

Re: 2018 April Card Sketch Challenge - Bold, Black Patterns

Post by fuzzylover »

Great cards Farley and Sue = I love black and white - and with the extra splash of colors, it looks even nicer.
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Another version of using black and white patterned paper. My flowers and leaves were stamped and die cut from one of my recent art journal panels I made. Stamps are Julie Ebersole’s Rustic Botanicals. Sentiment from Catherine Pooler’s Foundations.
Attachments
719F9939-EBD1-4038-8541-864DC91C6272.jpeg
719F9939-EBD1-4038-8541-864DC91C6272.jpeg (145.44 KiB) Viewed 311 times
FARLEY in Sacramento
katymjo

Post by katymjo »

What a stunning card, Farley! I like the contrast of the two sizes of scallops on the white mat with the bold black and white zigzags. Stamping the design on one of your art journal panels is a great idea too.
Kathryn.
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Wow, Farley, I love those flowers and leaves. Great way to use your artsy papers. They remind me of one of my favorite Marimekko fabric designs.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I love it! What a great idea.
Pam Cook #48
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

mpizzazz wrote:Wow, Farley, I love those flowers and leaves. Great way to use your artsy papers. They remind me of one of my favorite Marimekko fabric designs.

Thanks Kathryn, Pam and Marianne! I’m in the process of making more with this feel. I’m hoping I can make enough for a set for a birthday gift for my SIL.

Marianne, how I loved Marimekko fabrics when I was in middle/high school. Living near San Francisco and Design Research in Ghiradelli Square (we’re talking 1960s) was a gateway for me to this fabric. My mom and I would visit that store often and I would usually come home with a new Marimekko dress. My senior ball dress was made with Marimekko fabric as well.
FARLEY in Sacramento
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

paddlegal wrote:
mpizzazz wrote:Wow, Farley, I love those flowers and leaves. Great way to use your artsy papers. They remind me of one of my favorite Marimekko fabric designs.

Thanks Kathryn, Pam and Marianne! I’m in the process of making more with this feel. I’m hoping I can make enough for a set for a birthday gift for my SIL.

Marianne, how I loved Marimekko fabrics when I was in middle/high school. Living near San Francisco and Design Research in Ghiradelli Square (we’re talking 1960s) was a gateway for me to this fabric. My mom and I would visit that store often and I would usually come home with a new Marimekko dress. My senior ball dress was made with Marimekko fabric as well.
How lucky you were to be exposed to their designs then. Do you have photos of you in the dresses?

It amuses me that the Japanese clothing company, Uniqlo, is using some Marimekko designs on some of their tee shirt collections now so a whole new generation is discovering them.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
fuzzylover

Post by fuzzylover »

Farley, the scallop on that chevron paper is really nice looking - great card
fuzzylover

Post by fuzzylover »

Farley, here is my black/white card. I used background stamps from Hero Arts and Catherine Pooler Midnight Ink. The ribbon is Club Scrap as is the stamp from Henna.
Attachments
rsz_sam_3680.jpg
rsz_sam_3680.jpg (81.86 KiB) Viewed 282 times
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Thanks Barbara!

Your card is fabulous! I recently got the CP Midnight ink and I”m really impressed with it.
FARLEY in Sacramento
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

One more card for this challenge. Stamps are from SU colored with POSCA paint markers.
Attachments
E7EFF14F-7FBE-4A5E-AC43-DBD561B59D97.jpeg
E7EFF14F-7FBE-4A5E-AC43-DBD561B59D97.jpeg (140.28 KiB) Viewed 269 times
FARLEY in Sacramento