Genealogy

troublesmom

Genealogy

Post by troublesmom »

Yes, that is what I have been doing lately. Not doing any crafting but I have made a major breakthrough in my Irish Farley line. Found out for sure the name was not Farley in Ireland it was Farrelly. I actually have made contact with two different people that have connections. It is just so exciting, you won't understand unless you do genealogy.

Now, if only I could break down the wall on the Kosack side.

Thanks for listening.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
pugmom

Re: Genealogy

Post by pugmom »

That IS exciting. I'm so glad you're making so much progress. How far back have you gotten?
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

For this branch they were married in 1735 in County Cavan, Ireland. I'm further back on other branches but this is important as it is my maternal grandfathers line.
pugmom wrote:That IS exciting. I'm so glad you're making so much progress. How far back have you gotten?
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

I went ahead and paid the extra on ancestry.com to get access to the records from across-the-pond.... I'm back quite a few generations into Ireland... kinda interesting that my relatives and Mike's come from Ireland... and I never knew there was Irish in my ancestry... pretty cool
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

Wow, Cheryl. That's amazing. Good luck with the rest of your journey.
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

The gentleman that I made contact with sent me the marriage information, baptisms for 2 of the children and birth record for another of the children. I must say though that they are very difficult to read. Specially with these old eyes.

I'm not going to up my Ancestry any higher, just too much money. Glad you are having luck.

nchoney wrote:I went ahead and paid the extra on ancestry.com to get access to the records from across-the-pond.... I'm back quite a few generations into Ireland... kinda interesting that my relatives and Mike's come from Ireland... and I never knew there was Irish in my ancestry... pretty cool
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

Wow what great find.

I found out that I'm about 98% from British Isles.
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

My son in law lived with a family here in NZ during his teens. His “mom” is half Maori and half Scot. Her Scot side is from the same town as Joel’s family (Ayre). What are the chances?
Pam Cook #48
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

It is truly amazing what we can find out doing our research.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO