Farley and Cheryl Miller!

Something else on your mind? Keep it clean, keep it nice
pbp908

Farley and Cheryl Miller!

Post by pbp908 »

This is waaaaaay off topic, but I finally had a chance to go through about 400 DNA matches on Ancestry. I found a couple of interesting names. It seems that I have 4th-6th cousin matches with someone named farley (female icon) and someone named Cheryl Miller. Of course I was instantly wondering if???

Wouldn't it be strange if I found out that Pam Cook isn't my only cousin here?? :lol:
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
jmp1022

Re: Farley and Cheryl Miller!

Post by jmp1022 »

I did ancestry dna test too

It wouldn't be strange but keep the talent in the family
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

pbp908 wrote:This is waaaaaay off topic, but I finally had a chance to go through about 400 DNA matches on Ancestry. I found a couple of interesting names. It seems that I have 4th-6th cousin matches with someone named farley (female icon) and someone named Cheryl Miller. Of course I was instantly wondering if???

Wouldn't it be strange if I found out that Pam Cook isn't my only cousin here?? :lol:

That would be amazing! I do know that Cheryl has Farleys in her family. Though Farley is my first name it is a family name on my dad’s side. I was named after my great uncle James Farley, who was FDR’s Postmaster General. Those Farleys were in NY and NJ.

Many years ago during my golf phase, I met a golf pro by the name of Ross Farley. Turned out he also had that connection with James Farley. So anything is possible.
FARLEY in Sacramento
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

Farley, just out of curiosity, what is your middle name?
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

pugmom wrote:Farley, just out of curiosity, what is your middle name?

Hahaha...you got me Sue! I was just waiting to see if that would be asked. My full birth name is Susan Farley Coogan. I now go by Farley Coogan Cross. When I was in 4th grade, my teacher, Sister Vincentia, made we 5 Susans take our middle names. Mine stuck. Plus, Susan Coogan rhymed. There is only one person who calls me Susan and that is a childhood friend.
FARLEY in Sacramento
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

:lol: Love that story. I think "Farley" suits you perfectly.
There were quite a few Susans in my high school, also. Up until then, no one called me Sue. Now, the only person that calls me Susan is my brother.
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

pugmom wrote::lol: Love that story. I think "Farley" suits you perfectly.
There were quite a few Susans in my high school, also. Up until then, no one called me Sue. Now, the only person that calls me Susan is my brother.

That’s funny. My brother also hung on to calling me Susan but after he got married my SIL informed him he had to call me Farley! :lol: It’s kind of interesting how easy it was for me and my parents to call me Farley after nine years of Susan.
FARLEY in Sacramento
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Wow Farley this is really something my Farley ancestors were from County Cavan in Ireland and they were Patrick Farley (in Ireland it was Farrelly) and Elizabeth Keogan but that was also spelled Coogan!

Pam P I am interested to see if it is a connection. I did my DNA on FTDNA but I have also put mine on GedMatch. I'll check them out - have not been on either site in many days.
paddlegal wrote:

Hahaha...you got me Sue! I was just waiting to see if that would be asked. My full birth name is Susan Farley Coogan. I now go by Farley Coogan Cross. When I was in 4th grade, my teacher, Sister Vincentia, made we 5 Susans take our middle names. Mine stuck. Plus, Susan Coogan rhymed. There is only one person who calls me Susan and that is a childhood friend.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

troublesmom wrote:Wow Farley this is really something my Farley ancestors were from County Cavan in Ireland and they were Patrick Farley (in Ireland it was Farrelly) and Elizabeth Keogan but that was also spelled Coogan!

Pam P I am interested to see if it is a connection. I did my DNA on FTDNA but I have also put mine on GedMatch. I'll check them out - have not been on either site in many days.
paddlegal wrote:

Cheryl youi’ll laugh...I learned to swim at Farrelly Pool in San Leandro CA. Don’t know who that was though. That is interesting you had a “Coogan” also! I will check with my brother. He has done a DNA test of some kind. Perhaps it will show something. I do know that of the two counties my ancestors are from in Ireland, County Mayo was one. I just don’t recall what my dad told me of the second county. It could have been Cavan.
FARLEY in Sacramento
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Farley & Pam P just letting you know that my GedMatch number is T614500
paddlegal wrote:
troublesmom wrote:Wow Farley this is really something my Farley ancestors were from County Cavan in Ireland and they were Patrick Farley (in Ireland it was Farrelly) and Elizabeth Keogan but that was also spelled Coogan!

Cheryl youi’ll laugh...I learned to swim at Farrelly Pool in San Leandro CA. Don’t know who that was though. That is interesting you had a “Coogan” also! I will check with my brother. He has done a DNA test of some kind. Perhaps it will show something. I do know that of the two counties my ancestors are from in Ireland, County Mayo was one. I just don’t recall what my dad told me of the second county. It could have been Cavan.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
EDelValle

Post by EDelValle »

How interesting
My G. Grandmother was a Coogan, also
but she was from County Kilkenny came
over in the mid 1840's, settled in the hard coal
region of Pennsylvania, married a Murphy, raised a family
but died shortly after my grandfather was born
in 1866
Be Yourself, Everyone else is taken

Elizabeth in Brooklyn
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

EDelValle wrote:How interesting
My G. Grandmother was a Coogan, also
but she was from County Kilkenny came
over in the mid 1840's, settled in the hard coal
region of Pennsylvania, married a Murphy, raised a family
but died shortly after my grandfather was born
in 1866

Elizabeth, this is just getting better and better! Out here in CA, Coogan isn’t that common a name except for the old actor Jackie Coogan. My brother, Mark Coogan, was a TV journalist in Los Angeles for 30+ years and it never failed that someone thought he was Jackie’s grandson. But no connection that we ever found. My dad was Charles Halpin Coogan born in NJ in 1912.

Anyone have Halpins in their family?
FARLEY in Sacramento
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

You know we are all related in some way!
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

This is fascinating! I love the stories.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com