WOW embossing powders

Save some $ Find out what works
pamcook

WOW embossing powders

Post by pamcook »

From Creativation 2019.
I’m going to put my brayer with my Misti! I think it would work better than me just sliding my hand across?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jHMOVyvzRoc
Pam Cook #48
pbp908

Re: WOW embossing powders

Post by pbp908 »

I've been using the brayer with my larger stamps - didn't think about doing it with the Misti.

I love the sparkle powder and the embossing roller. Dang it, something else to purchase. ;)
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Monica

Post by Monica »

if you're wanting some sparkly powder to play with, I have some I'm happy to share. It's not the same brand, actually called Bridal Tinsel I think, but from watching the video it looks the same to me.

I have somewhere in the ballpark of a hundred different embossing powders, tinsels, blends, etc. Anyone who wants some to play with just let me know. I'm happy to share!
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Holy cow! I thought my stash was huge (22). You’ve put mine to shame!
Pam Cook #48
Monica

Post by Monica »

pamcook wrote:Holy cow! I thought my stash was huge (22). You’ve put mine to shame!
:lol: 22 years of collecting them. And it might actually be closer to 200. :lol: When I first got into stamping there was nothing 12x12 yet, and embossing powders were the coolest newest toy to play with. A friend and I (she got me into all this!) used to visit the LSS to buy empty jars and jars of EP, then we'd split them to make our money stretch further and give us a lot of options.

And as far as I've discovered, the only powders that 'go bad' are whites turning off white, although they still emboss; an old gold that actually looked like it tarnished and wouldn't really emboss, so I tossed it; and sticky powders may or may not actually get sticky when heated if more than a few years old. I still have 1/3 of the huge jar of clear EP I bought probably 18 years or so ago, because it doesn't take much to emboss and that stuff lasts about as long as glitter.

I was a stamper long before I truly took up scrapbooking beyond a novelty to dabble in, and still use the same heat gun I bought all those years ago. Heck, I still have a large percentage of the first couple hundred stamps I bought! And as I discovered when going through a shelf in the scrap room, I had some papers that were that old too... :lol: Time to use up those specialty papers!
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Use up speciality papers? I double-dog-dare you!
Pam Cook #48
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I'm still using my very first embossing powders - a Stamping Up set that I purchased many years ago.

George is still fascinated by embossing. Every time I emboss something he wants to watch. :lol: Imagine how impressed the glitter stuff would make him!

I'd love to try some of that, Monica. I have a green and a red tinsel, but nothing that looks like glitter.
Pam P.

Monica

Post by Monica »

pamcook wrote:Use up speciality papers? I double-dog-dare you!
I'll share when I get them made up... promise. ;) I'm still going through the purge right now, and don't want to get distracted, but I put them in the new project pile to use when I'm done.
Monica

Post by Monica »

pbp908 wrote:I'm still using my very first embossing powders - a Stamping Up set that I purchased many years ago.

George is still fascinated by embossing. Every time I emboss something he wants to watch. :lol: Imagine how impressed the glitter stuff would make him!

I'd love to try some of that, Monica. I have a green and a red tinsel, but nothing that looks like glitter.
Remember you said that when you get what I send... :lol: :lol:
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

:-o
Pam P.

Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Love the effect of the sparkles on top of the EP. I wonder if any sparkly glitter would work, or does it need to be made for embossing? Not sure what I have, but I want to dig it out and try it.

Monica, hearing about your stash makes me feel better about mine - which is much smaller. I, too, am still fascinated when I watch the magic that happens when you heat emboss - and of course always love the effect. Don't know why I don't do it more often than I do.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Keitha, I nominate you to give it a try and let us know. My brain says it should work - maybe?

I love embossing as well. Perfect example of how I’m learning that I’m impatient and into instant gratification. More than a couple of steps and I lose interest. So sad because embossing always makes a project look outstanding (IMHO).
Pam Cook #48
Monica

Post by Monica »

When it comes to embossing powder and glitters, you can actually mix them and custom make your own blends. *clears throat* In the olden days, before all this fancy stuff, we mixed a lot of custom blends for projects. .....And now I feel old, craft-wise. :tomato:

But seriously, I've done that many times. That was another reason I had extra empty jars.