My Monthly Hero Feb 2019

What clubs do you belong to, what do they offer, would you recommend or beware...
Monica

Re: My Monthly Hero Feb 2019

Post by Monica »

I haven't done any sort of kit club in years as far as continual monthly commitment, and while I do miss the monthly surprise, I kind of hated that I got things that weren't me or I wouldn't use, so for me buying this kit and some extras that I'll use is totally worth it. I've debated about the Catherine Pooler club off and on, because I love what you make with it, but it would end up being something else I wasn't using. And heaven knows I don't need an excuse to buy more inks... :tomato:

I do love the look of those sprays, it's more that I personally don't use what I have for sprays and I know that inkpads I'll use. So you buy and create with them and I'll enjoy your beautiful creations. :D
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

paddlegal wrote:
pamcook wrote:The Distress Oxide sprays are incredible. I feel like I don’t need all of them but a couple would be nice.
That’s what I am thinking. I only need a few colors. Maybe just 12? :tomato: Really, I think they are pretty cool and the finish really great...
Farley, your comment about buying a 'few' colors - maybe 12 - made me laugh. That's all the colours currently available in spray form. I just ordered them yesterday. I was going to order on scrapbook.com b/c all Ranger Ink is on sale for 10% off, but they wanted $20 to ship them to me, whereas shipping from Simon Says Stamp was only $8. That difference, combined with my $5 discount card, made SSS the better deal.

Monica, like you I avoid monthly kit club commitments because I don't like getting things I wouldn't choose for myself. I'd rather order a kit once I've seen it and know I like it, and if that means I occasionally miss out on something because it sells out too quickly, well, it's not as if there's any shortage of supplies here in the Glitter Grotto.

And on a different subject can I just say I love Amazon Prime? I love that I can buy one little thing I like and get free shipping, without having to find another $30 worth of product to buy just so I don't have to pay to have it sent to me.
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

I just unsubscribed from the Crafters Companion monthly card kit. It’s only been around for 6 months and the first kit was the best, the rest have progressively gone downhill and on top of that every freaking month involved butterflies is some way or form! Enough with the butterfly stamps etc!

I agree with Keitha about Amazon Prime and when you have a warehouse 40 minutes from your house you can order in the AM and receive your package in the PM! Love that!
fuzzylover

Post by fuzzylover »

If you like the Distress Oxides, try the Catherine Pooler inks. They must have a very close formulation to the oxides as the colors are vibrant and they react with water.