Calvinball anyone?

Keitha

Calvinball anyone?

Post by Keitha »

I've heard about Calvinball for years, although never really understood how it worked before and have never participated. With the closing of Get It Scrapped it has a new home with Alice Boll at Scrap Happy and a dedicated group on Facebook. Still free for anyone to join in. It sounds like a lot of fun; anyone else plan on playing? While invented by scrapbookers everything counts, i.e. cards, planner pages, etc. and I'm intrigued by the fact that anyone can change the rules, adding points for whatever you want points for. Pam C, that sounds right up your alley, LOL.
pamcook

Re: Calvinball anyone?

Post by pamcook »

Keitha wrote:I've heard about Calvinball for years, although never really understood how it worked before and have never participated. With the closing of Get It Scrapped it has a new home with Alice Boll at Scrap Happy and a dedicated group on Facebook. Still free for anyone to join in. It sounds like a lot of fun; anyone else plan on playing? While invented by scrapbookers everything counts, i.e. cards, planner pages, etc. and I'm intrigued by the fact that anyone can change the rules, adding points for whatever you want points for. Pam C, that sounds right up your alley, LOL.
:lol: I could never understand how to join or play. Will check out the group. I’m all for anything that keeps me motivated.
Pam Cook #48
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Bummer, they charge $149 a year to join their group.
Pam Cook #48
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

I think I read where joining Calvinball was free... didn't need to be a member... but maybe I'm mistaken
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
Monica

Post by Monica »

I only know Calvinball from Calvin & Hobbes. Didn't realize scrapbooking had borrowed it! :lol:
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

Monica wrote:I only know Calvinball from Calvin & Hobbes. Didn't realize scrapbooking had borrowed it! :lol:

LOL
This is what I was thinking too!
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

nchoney wrote:I think I read where joining Calvinball was free... didn't need to be a member... but maybe I'm mistaken
Could be. Maybe I can find more info. Getting ready to start Shimelle’s new class so maybe not.
Pam Cook #48
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

You do not have to be a member of ScrapHappy to participate in Calvinball. I'm not, and I've joined the Calvinball group. It's on Facebook here - www.facebook.com/groups/calvinball/

Pam, you can totally do your Shimelle class pages for Calvinball. I think it's a win if you already have a plan for what you'll be scrapping.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Okay I joined.
Pam Cook #48
4nancie

Post by 4nancie »

what is it?
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

4nancie wrote:what is it?
It’s an annual challenge - happens in the month of March. There are points to earn for posting. I think there are basic rules through the whole month and daily additional challenges to earn extra points. I don’t think there’s any “prize” except for bragging rights.

Chances are I won’t keep up with my points. I do enjoy the challenges and the sense of community even if it is short-lived!
Pam Cook #48
4nancie

Post by 4nancie »

pamcook wrote:
4nancie wrote:what is it?
It’s an annual challenge - happens in the month of March. There are points to earn for posting. I think there are basic rules through the whole month and daily additional challenges to earn extra points. I don’t think there’s any “prize” except for bragging rights.

Chances are I won’t keep up with my points. I do enjoy the challenges and the sense of community even if it is short-lives!
Thanks