12 X 12 Paper Sorting - Advice Please

A great location for discussions about all things organizational. From supplies to creations - how do you keep your crafts organized?
pat-czap

Re: 12 X 12 Paper Sorting - Advice Please

Post by pat-czap »

POPS...I have 3 shoe box size containers of them. I use them now and then. I bought a ton of card blanks back in the day from CS as well. Used a ton of these. A lot of sizes I do not use though.

Wish I knew how to sell CS stuff with out much effort and no PayPal........

Some of my paper is store by color, other by manufacturer, CS paper mostly still combined as a kit in individual storage packs.
With the amount of paper crafting I do anymore, the paper I have will last forever.

One funny thing.

I was in the quilt shop recently. I asked the lady about a certain kind of fabric. She said if so and so were here, I forgot her actual name, she would know exactly. She knows the fabric left, right, and up and down. I told her I feel the same about my CS paper! LOL
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

My cardstock is separated by color. Patterned papers are divided into Christmas, Halloween and whatever. Right now it works for me but I really need to break the whatever into either main color or type, such as geometrics, flowers, etc. So many options and not enough brains to think it through. :lol:
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

pbp908 wrote:My cardstock is separated by color. Patterned papers are divided into Christmas, Halloween and whatever. Right now it works for me but I really need to break the whatever into either main color or type, such as geometrics, flowers, etc. So many options and not enough brains to think it through. :lol:

I think I’m going to have a miscellaneous section with those loose sheets :lol: but I’ll try to colorize them.
FARLEY in Sacramento
EDelValle

Post by EDelValle »

I sorted my patterned paper by the predominate color,
but have separate shelves for the Holidays and other
themed groups
Be Yourself, Everyone else is taken

Elizabeth in Brooklyn
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Amazing. Absolutely amazing. I could never reduce my stash this much but I thought her explanation of how she sorts her paper might be helpful for some.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cFTefGDnxZc
Pam Cook #48
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Yeah, I could never do that either, but good for her.
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I laughed when she called what she has a "huge stack" and said bye bye to her video. :lol:
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

That's exactly what I need to do with 12x12 paper pads!! Go through them ruthlessly.... if I know I'll use the paper, put it in the save stack... and then find a happy home for the rest. I'm thinking I may be able to give things to the girl I gave the chalk inks to... she's doing some Bible verse journaling with ladies from her church... and she does things with kids' groups... so... I'm going to bet she'd love to get paper that those groups could use.
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

they make great envelopes
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

All these weeks later I'm sure your paper is now sorted Farley. I'm primarily a theme scrapper so sort my paper that way, into categories I scrap. Even generic papers I put in with the theme I think I'd use them with. I really can't think of the last time I went looking for a piece of paper based on colour although it's true that certain colours predominate in certain themes - at least they did before every paper line was pink, turquoise, yellow, coral and mint.

That said, I also have files by manufacturer if that's how I think of a specific paper first. Graphic 45 is one example, but I still have files for Basic Grey and October Afternoon. Unless the line is very theme-specific in which case it goes in the theme file first (i.e. Basic Grey Christmas lines in the Christmas paper). I will admit it's been several years since I went through all my paper and I should probably do it again; perhaps a project for when I'm off this winter.