Farley’s Craft Room Purge - Week 1 Stamps

A great location for discussions about all things organizational. From supplies to creations - how do you keep your crafts organized?
ChristyB

Re: Farley’s Craft Room Purge - Week 1 Stamps

Post by ChristyB »

WTG Farley!!!!
wannabescrappin

Post by wannabescrappin »

Monica wrote:
wannabescrappin wrote:
Monica wrote:That's a lot of questions! :lol:

They will absolutely work in the TH stamp platform after being unmounted. Mine are coated with the Aleene's tack it over and over glue that's repositionable, but I know there are a few ways one can deal with unmounteds.

Monica,
How do you use to store them after they have Aleene's on them? Heavy duty acetate? Does the Tack It get messy after a while?
I use the Crafter's Companion EZMount 8.5" X 11" stamp storage sheets that fit in 3 ring binders. My binders are 3" spines that I bought in a bundle from Costco.
Perfect! Thanks. I've actually started storing all of my foam backed rubber stamps in 1/2" Stuftainers which stack beautifully in my Ikea bookcase.
Find time each day to rejoice in the journey...

Cheryl H (aka wannabescrappin)
#61 in the order of PAO
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

Farley what kind of containers are those?
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
gwendols

Post by gwendols »

That looks so nice!! I really really need to start going through all mine. My room is a disaster. I'm with Jill - what kind of containers are you using for these?
Gwen Godfrey
#6 in the order of PAO
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

jmp1022 wrote:Farley what kind of containers are those?

Jill they are called Fridge Bins. I get mine at Bed Bath and Beyond with the coupons. But here’s a link t them on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/InterDesign-Stac ... NrPXRydWU=
FARLEY in Sacramento
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Fridge bins are great. I have them in 3 widths for my supplies. Even thinking about getting some for my fridge and pantry.
Pam Cook #48
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

They have some fridge bins and closet bins at Tuesday Morning. :-)
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

katymjo wrote:I've got a load of wood-mounted stamps that are taking up a lot of space.
What's the best way to unmount them?
Will they then work in the TH Stamp Platform?
What can you do to repurpose the left-over wooden blocks?
Any ideas?
I unmounted ALL of my wood-mounted stamps after Irene blew through. The wood blocks were icky even after soaking in soapy water. The soaking made it easier to remove the stamps, though. They're all glued with Aleene's Tack-it-Over-and-Over glue and then I put the contact sheet in an 8.5x11 page protector and just stick the stamps on the front of that plastic. And then into a binder they all went. When I start working on a group of photos, I go "shopping" through my binders and pull out the stamps that I might want to use.

That's not getting my stamps used a lot, however. I'm using my clear stamps more... since they're in the plastic sleeves in bins. So... I need to figure something out for using my other stamps more. I'm sure I can purge some of them. Plus... I have LOTS of Stampin' Up stamps... pretty sure I can move on from some of those, too.
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

pamcook wrote:Fridge bins are great. I have them in 3 widths for my supplies. Even thinking about getting some for my fridge and pantry.

I also use them in the fridge as intended. The actual fridge bins have a curved handle that sticks out about an inch for grabbing. The ones on my craft shelves have holes at each end for handles so they just fit on the shelves perfectly. They come in a huge variety of sizes and configurations. LOVE them.

Debi, years ago I totally reorganized my CS UMs. I invested a ton of $$ to mount them on cling foam and then stuck them on 3-holed, heavy plastic storage panels, then into binders. Ended up having to buy extra thick binders so I could at least store about 5-6 panels per binder. I had a LOT of binders. That became such a clumsy usage of them for me even though I had separated ALL of the sets and categorized them as to how I used them. All sentiments were in one binder...that one worked well. But the others not so much. Then I took out all the storage panels and put them into a file cabinet according to my categories. That too didn’t work all that well. Needless to say I’ve purged that bunch at lease twice and no doubt need to again. Most of my CS WM stamps were sold at my LSS garage sale. I found the image quality really wasn’t as great as other WM stamps. I’ve kept a few CS favorites but I also have a good sized (huge) collection of other company WMs that I have no intention of taking apart. Some are in drawers and others are displayed out in the open on special shelving that Bob made for my room. I admire your tenacity of taking your WMs apart. I tried it once and lost patience with the project.

The clear stamps have certainly made it easier, if not too easy, to collect and store in the fridge bins.
FARLEY in Sacramento
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

thanks Farley
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »