Bases for Cards

mpizzazz

Bases for Cards

Post by mpizzazz »

I'd like to know what all you prolific cardmakers do for card bases and envelopes.

Do you buy card base and envelope sets? or make your own card bases and buy or make envelopes?

I spend so much time making card bases to match the envelopes I have which always seem to be strange sizes. It takes a lot of the fun out the card decorating part of the process. But it does use up paper!
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
pat-czap

Re: Bases for Cards

Post by pat-czap »

Make card bases from stash.
Buy envelopes.
Sometimes I Make envelopes.
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

I usually make A2 sized cards. So I just cut 8.5 x 11 paper in half and buy A2 envelopes. I've got some 5x7 bases and envelopes too.
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Marianne I make my own bases and sometimes the envelopes too. But I am not too proud to also buy envelopes when they are 50% off at Hobby Lobby either. Some time back I bought a 12x12 light cardstock pad of solid colors to make envelopes with for just about any size card. I have the WRMK envelope punch board for making the envies. Love that thing.
FARLEY in Sacramento
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I generally purchase the card bases and envelopes together. IF I can ever find some honest opinions/reviews about the new wonder tool, I'll start making my own.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

I have to admit that I have a large stash of card bases in both white and vanilla along with envelopes that I get at AC Moore. I do use my own at times but often it is just as easy to use the premade ones and add my stuff to them.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Yes, what they all said. I rarely make cards larger than the A2 size and when I do, it's because I've found a stash of envelopes at the flea market. I use plain white cardstock most of the time. Once I bought a ream of cardstock at Staples and had them cut it - they never could cut it straight so I ended up just bringing it home. I think they tried 3 times and I gave up. Neena cardstock is what Jennifer McGuire uses. I don't remember the weight though.
Pam Cook #48
Monica

Post by Monica »

I mostly cut up 8.5x11 cardstock for bases unless I happen to pick up a package of bases and envelopes from Michael's when they are on sale.
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

I'm certainly not prolific, but I make my own bases and prefer to make my own envelopes although mostly my cards are standard size. I have used the heavy-weight cardstock but it often feels like overkill, so I just go to my stash of regular cardstock. I've occasionally bought envelopes, but can always find a sheet of patterned paper I'm not in love with to use with the envelope punch board; if it's heavily patterned or really dark I put the address on a label.
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

pamcook wrote:Yes, what they all said. I rarely make cards larger than the A2 size and when I do, it's because I've found a stash of envelopes at the flea market. I use plain white cardstock most of the time. Once I bought a ream of cardstock at Staples and had them cut it - they never could cut it straight so I ended up just bringing it home. I think they tried 3 times and I gave up. Neena cardstock is what Jennifer McGuire uses. I don't remember the weight though.
After a card class online, I bought 110 lb. and also a lighter weight one. I think that is overkill so I use the 110 lb. for fronts if I want to stamp or paint and maybe it's an 80 lb. for card bases. I'm out of that now. Need to use up some more CS paper for card bases.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com