Perhaps I need this...

Keitha

Perhaps I need this...

Post by Keitha »

I may need to eat my words. For years I declared I could scrap in a World Without Cardstock; usually my preferred base for a scrapbook page is patterned paper. By the time I realized I rarely use cardstock I'd managed to acquire a box full of it, so have tried very hard for years not to buy anymore - for example, I won't order kits that come with cardstock. However, a new product has me rethinking my No Buy decision on the cardstock front; Altenew have come out with packs of gradient cardstocks perfect for their 3D dies. Despite that aforementioned box full of cardstock I find it's always a challenge to find several shades of one colour that truly go together; I may just have to order some of this. I do like that they're small pieces sized perfectly for die-cutting, rather than 12x12 sheets.
nchoney

Re: Perhaps I need this...

Post by nchoney »

So ... I went to take a peek... and found this one...

https://altenew.com/collections/feature ... red-cosmos

But it's an odd size... 3" x 6" ... kinda small for a card-front... even for pocket scrapbooking... unless you cut off a couple inches and make it a 3"x4" card... hmmmm ... looked around some more and it seems that's the size. good size for diecutting, maybe.

Also a bit pricey... 24 pieces that size for $7 or $8
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

If I ever invest in the die sets, I would find the gradient sets to be a great value. The time I would spend choosing the "right" colors would be a waste to me. I suppose you could buy a set and then see what you have in your stash to replenish?
My drawer FULL of Distress Ink is feeling more and more like a waste of money. I must be at that age where I no longer feel the need to collect supplies - just because there's a collection to be had.

I love those die sets and the projects you can make with them. I whole-heartedly support you!
:lol:
Pam Cook #48
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Yes, the pieces are meant for the 3D layering dies which is why they're so small; plus they fit Altenew's die-cutting machine which I wouldn't bother with as it's not versatile enough to take regular dies, embossing folders, etc. I do have a couple sets of those 3D dies, which is why I think this product would be worth having. My other issue with cardstock is that I always want the texture to match, making finding coordinating pieces from my stash more of a challenge. Especially for these 3D dies I think smooth cardstock is the way to go - but of course that wasn't what was popular when I was acquiring mine. I still like a textured cardstock for a scrapbook page on those rare occasions I start with that.
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

I watched VickiP’s YouTube today on the papers and accompanying dies. I think those paper packs are brilliant. If I went for one of those die sets I would definitely go for a paper pack in several colors plus the green. I think they are gorgeous.

I agree with Pam. Even though I have way too much in colored card stock I would have a tough time finding 4 colors that blend well..
FARLEY in Sacramento
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Thanks Farley, I just watched Vicki P's video. Seeing her pull out coordinating cardstock for her card bases makes me wonder how long before Altenew comes out with larger sizes of these cardstocks - although I kind of like that the card bases are slightly different.