Teflon bone folder

Save some $ Find out what works
pamcook

Teflon bone folder

Post by pamcook »

Do you have one? Is it’s really wonderful?
Pam Cook #48
jmp1022

Re: Teflon bone folder

Post by jmp1022 »

never heard of teflon one before.
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

jmp1022 wrote:never heard of teflon one before.
I've never heard of a teflon bone folder before either. Not that mine was ever bone before but it does the job!
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

I’ve heard about teflon bone folders for years. I don’t think any of mine are made of that material. Supposedly teflon ones don’t leave any marks. But then, rarely do any of mine. On rare occasions when I do see a slight mark when I score a card fold, I just flip it over to the back side.

What’s got you interested in one Pam?
FARLEY in Sacramento
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Jen McGuire has it in her list of recommended tools. I wondered if I’d be less likely to tear paper in the envelope making board.
Pam Cook #48
Trixie

Post by Trixie »

Yes, I have one and I love it. I always reach for it first over the other one. It is pricey, but worth it.
Judy Gunsaulis in WV
#91in the order of PAO
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

I just read some reviews of them. I like the idea that glue and ink don't stick to them. My normal one gets really messy and the dried on glue is hard to scrape off. But I'd like to feel the various sizes and shapes of the teflon ones before I paid that much for one.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Amazon has them at a reasonable price. I'm considering the pack that has the standard shape and the one that fits in the palm of your hand. I, too, love the fact that things won't stick to them. Maybe a consolation gift for myself to go with the stamp I ordered last night???

I do so love Penny Black. :lol:
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Holy cow that's a spendy item. The bone folder I have works fine; not sure I want to spend approx. $35 CDN for another one although they are slightly cheaper on Amazon. I did just watch JM's fave tool video and see a couple other things that intrigue me though. I do have the Studio Katia triangle trays and the Marvy Jewel Picker, and would second her endorsement for both.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Of course I bought the small one and with Jen’s discount code, I splurged. I also bought the Scoring Pad she recommended.
Pam Cook #48
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

I'm sure the score board was a good choice. I have the WRMK Trim and Score board, it's my go-to for cards where I want to both cut and score. Honestly, the only reason I still use the Fiskars trimmer so much is because it's lightweight and easy to pull in, use, and put out of the way again. But I find even with a ruler my cuts aren't always straight. I'm intrigued by the reinforced Fiskars trimmer she recommends...
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Keitha wrote:I'm sure the score board was a good choice. I have the WRMK Trim and Score board, it's my go-to for cards where I want to both cut and score. Honestly, the only reason I still use the Fiskars trimmer so much is because it's lightweight and easy to pull in, use, and put out of the way again. But I find even with a ruler my cuts aren't always straight. I'm intrigued by the reinforced Fiskars trimmer she recommends...
I used the Carl trimmer for years and it’s very similar. Anything to avoid crooked cuts is worth it’s weight in gold.
Pam Cook #48
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

I use a Carl trimmer too. Great for straight cutting.
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com