Tim's Grid Blocks for Stamping

Save some $ Find out what works
mpizzazz

Tim's Grid Blocks for Stamping

Post by mpizzazz »

Today I've been cleaning out the stamp pad boxes. Now that we all have stamp platforms has anyone found there is a time when you use these thin stamp blocks? I've always found them hard to hold and use because my inky fingers make marks on the paper. I'm thinking of giving them away unless there is some wonderful use for them that I don't know.

I have a few of the older thick acrylic blocks and I do use those for testing colors or updating my swatches.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
paddlegal

Re: Tim's Grid Blocks for Stamping

Post by paddlegal »

I used them for a few weeks but disliked them for the same reason. Too hard to hold onto. But I have used them for paint pallets for watercolor markers, ink pads, etc.
FARLEY in Sacramento
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

paddlegal wrote:I used them for a few weeks but disliked them for the same reason. Too hard to hold onto. But I have used them for paint pallets for watercolor markers, ink pads, etc.
That's a good idea, Farley! I usually take some hard plastic packaging along on a trip to use for a palette but the larger ones of these would be good for that. I'll save a larger one for a palette. And, by the way, I've packed my watercolors except for the Peerless that you gave me in one of the Secret Santa gifts. They are great for a trip! Usually I cut off strips of the colors and mount them to a piece of watercolor paper but for this trip, I will take the rest of the set with me.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I saved the larger one for watercolor, ink, mist painting and pitched the rest. They were pretty useless. I don’t know how many times I dropped an inked stamp on my projects.
Pam Cook #48
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

OK, thanks, for the idea of the paint palette, I'll pass them on but save one of the larger ones.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

I had to go take a peek to see what those were... and they sure look thin.. maybe why I never bought them.

Another use for the bigger ones might be to permanently mount a background stamp to it... and then use it by laying it down with the stamp facing up.. put the paper down on it and press... but then.. you can just lay the stamp down on the table surface and do the same thing :-)
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
Monica

Post by Monica »

The main reason I bought them was for traveling, which I still use them for. Makes it easy to take a few small stamps and a couple ink cubes to add to my travel journal, and I can do it all on the go. For regular stamping I much prefer my acrylic blocks, because they are so much easier to hold onto!
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Monica wrote:The main reason I bought them was for traveling, which I still use them for. Makes it easy to take a few small stamps and a couple ink cubes to add to my travel journal, and I can do it all on the go. For regular stamping I much prefer my acrylic blocks, because they are so much easier to hold onto!
All of my TH blocks are in my travel/crop bag. I noted that at the recent Creativation Tim is using his blocks...of course. He talks about his chubby fingers which surprises me that he can use those grid blocks at all.
FARLEY in Sacramento
Monica

Post by Monica »

I laugh every time he refers to his pork chop fingers. And yeah, I have no idea how he manages to use those!
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

paddlegal wrote:
Monica wrote:The main reason I bought them was for traveling, which I still use them for. Makes it easy to take a few small stamps and a couple ink cubes to add to my travel journal, and I can do it all on the go. For regular stamping I much prefer my acrylic blocks, because they are so much easier to hold onto!
All of my TH blocks are in my travel/crop bag. I noted that at the recent Creativation Tim is using his blocks...of course. He talks about his chubby fingers which surprises me that he can use those grid blocks at all.
That's funny! I'm surprised he isn't using his stamp platform. But right now, I'm having trouble with that trying to line up a solid stamp and then its outline version on top.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

mpizzazz wrote:
paddlegal wrote:
That's funny! I'm surprised he isn't using his stamp platform. But right now, I'm having trouble with that trying to line up a solid stamp and then its outline version on top.

Marianne there are some layering stamps that never line up right in my experience, regardless of what stamping method used. Some of mine are perfect and others that I am never satisfied with.
FARLEY in Sacramento
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

paddlegal wrote:Marianne there are some layering stamps that never line up right in my experience, regardless of what stamping method used. Some of mine are perfect and others that I am never satisfied with.
I don't feel so discouraged if it happens to you, Farley! I guess it's easier, too, if the stamps are clear and not rubber which mine are.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

I just came across myTH acrylic grid blocks the other day and thought to purge them as I also find them too thin to get a good grip on. Keeping one for a palette is a good idea.
I dont know how you'd ever line up rubber stamps for layering unless they were mounted and you used one of those corner things.