Sizzix Switch?

Save some $ Find out what works
Keitha

Sizzix Switch?

Post by Keitha »

Has anyone looked at the Sizzix Switch, announced at Creativation and shipping in May? I'm still using my original green Cuttlebug, but as I acquire more dies am intrigued by the idea of this motorized cutter with the 9" wide format platform. The retail price is $260 US but a local LSS is taking preorders today for $190 US; I'm very, very tempted. I also like that it will take any size cutting plates and know what you're using, meaning the plates I already own are still useable.
pamcook

Re: Sizzix Switch?

Post by pamcook »

Keitha wrote:Has anyone looked at the Sizzix Switch, announced at Creativation and shipping in May? I'm still using my original green Cuttlebug, but as I acquire more dies am intrigued by the idea of this motorized cutter with the 9" wide format platform. The retail price is $260 US but a local LSS is taking preorders today for $190 US; I'm very, very tempted. I also like that it will take any size cutting plates and know what you're using, meaning the plates I already own are still useable.
it sounds like it would be very useful for you. Go for it!
Pam Cook #48
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

It sounds like a great product and you’ll be getting a decent price too. Yes, go for it. I am a big believer now in motorized die cutting. Since I’ve had my Gemini Jr, I’ve been a die cutting maniac. I’ve kept my Big Shot Plus in case I need to cut or emboss something larger than the usual 6 inch wide items.

Be sure you have room for it so it can stay out on your craft desk all the time. That way you will really use it. I’ve forgotten the size but I did watch a video on it.
FARLEY in Sacramento
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Apparently I didn't take much enabling as I did go online and order this shortly after I posted this morning. Good advice Farley; I'd already realized that with its weight and needing to be plugged in it will need a permanent home on my table for me to use it to full advantage. Also, I don't think constantly moving around machines with motors is good for them - unless they have wheels :lol:
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I've only ever used the Vagabond so can't imagine not using a motorized cutter. I checked the Sizzix site and they don't show it there. Guess I'll check out youtube. Sometimes I think you can find anything on there and on Pinterest. :lol:
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Monica

Post by Monica »

The Sizzix Switch intrigues me because it can be more compact when not in use than the Big Shot is. Let us know what you think when you get it, Keitha!
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

Another thing to consider about your Cuttlebug.... buy more cutting plates now, if you need them... I don't think they're manufacturing the CuttleBug anymore so, if the plates are different, you may want to stock up if you're going to keep using it.

I bought the Gemini... and haven't had it out to use much... definitely need to find it a permanent home because it's heavy. I'd guess the Sizzix equivalent will also be heavy.

Looking forward to hearing how you like it once it arrives! :-)
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

nchoney wrote:Another thing to consider about your Cuttlebug.... buy more cutting plates now, if you need them... I don't think they're manufacturing the CuttleBug anymore so, if the plates are different, you may want to stock up if you're going to keep using it.

I bought the Gemini... and haven't had it out to use much... definitely need to find it a permanent home because it's heavy. I'd guess the Sizzix equivalent will also be heavy.

Looking forward to hearing how you like it once it arrives! :-)

Debi, find a home for that Gemini! I am assuming you have the full sized one? I got the Junior and it is heavy but very compact. I just needed to find a spot that allowed the pads to pass through to the back side. It sits to my left and is used nearly every time I make a card these days. I also placed a fridgebinz next to it that contains all the necessary pads plus all of the die sets that are layered shapes that I frequently used. At least one corner of my desk is organized.

Keitha I am excited for you and your Switch arriving. It’s funny but Charley has the Nintendo Switch (around for a few years) and I hope Sizzix doesn’t get into a legal battle over the name usage.
FARLEY in Sacramento
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Debi, if you bring your Gemini to recreate, I have a lot of their dies we could play with.
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

I do have some spare plates for my Cuttlebug thanks, but feel like the entire machine is going to implode one of these days. Not sure I'll keep it after I get the Switch; will need to decide if it's worth taking up space for the occasional time I might want to use it over the powered machine. My table is not against a wall so I can have the Switch at the back of the table and there'll be room for the plates to run through.
Farley, good point about the Nintendo Switch. I was trying to decide the reasoning behind choosing that name; because it has a power switch? I guess time will tell if they've got a lawsuit on their hands.