Someone's craft room.... holy moley

Save some $ Find out what works
nchoney

Someone's craft room.... holy moley

Post by nchoney »

Sometimes, I look at these photos of people's craft spaces and think I just have too much stuff.... other times, I think.... WOW... I barely own any supplies at all.

These pics are of a lady's craft room which is very small.... and she's going to be downsizing her collection.... but... holy moley she has quite the collection of SU stamps.... and.... why does anyone need that many cutting machines??? I know... I have two Big Shots... but that's only because I got an extra one on sale at Tuesday Morning and I bring it to re-create for everyone to use... and... because I've already broken one machine and was super glad I had a spare.
Attachments
86870209_10163147695865357_1836130976107855872_n.jpg
86870209_10163147695865357_1836130976107855872_n.jpg (100.35 KiB) Viewed 722 times
87105883_10163147695875357_679042704683827200_n.jpg
87105883_10163147695875357_679042704683827200_n.jpg (72.72 KiB) Viewed 722 times
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
pamcook

Re: Someone's craft room.... holy moley

Post by pamcook »

My first guess is that she runs a business - if she doesn't sell SU, maybe she's a stamp collector? With all those cutting machines, I would bet she sells the die cuts.
Honestly, some of the supply collections I see in these craft room tours makes me feel a little sick to my stomach. I realize many people have a lot more discretionary income than I'll ever have but - seriously? I'll stop because I'm feeling way too judgmental - I need to stay focused on using my supplies and sharing what I won't use.
Pam Cook #48
Monica

Post by Monica »

The only reason my stamp collection doesn't look that bad is due to most of it being in binders... :lol: As for all the cutting machines... no idea. I have my gen 1 Cricut that sits and collects dust, my Big Shot, and the TH Sidekick. Oh, and somewhere I think I still have the Cuttlebug I haven't tossed yet. The roller on it warped in the center, which was why I bought the Big Shot! If anyone needs plates for the Cuttlebug let me know... I have several I'm happy to send along.

This is reminding me I do have a basket of CTMH stamp sets that I need to either use or purge. And I need to do the same with the binders of stamps. Sigh. I was looking at a shelf unit the other day and realizing that it seriously needs a good clean and purge too!
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

I do have all my CS stamps on sheets in binders and I think that's taking up too much space on the shelves... so.. that's the next project. Go through all the binders and pull out the CS stamps and just store them in a tote on the floor. Get rid of all the other ancient stamps that I'll never use.... and voila! I'll have some shelf space available.

But... it's not nearly that many stamps... LOL
Debi Daugherty
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

And I thought that I have a lot of stamps! :-o

I have only 2 machines that get any use - the Vagabond and my ancient Cricut. The Wishblade has yet to cut anything because I don't feel the urge to learn how it works.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Somehow I missed this post. I remember seeing a huge craft room once that was not only chock-a-block full of stuff but gorgeous too; all custom cabinets, matching containers, terrific lighting, etc. And yet, try as I might I couldn't find a single thing posted online that the gal had actually made. I do wonder if people ever use all the stuff they have, or just collect it. With that many cutting machines I'd guess this gal has a business - maybe gives classes in using them. Because if she's just selling cut files, how many machines would she be using at once?
I have recently ordered the Sizzix Switch which is a powered machine; was thinking I'd get rid of my old Cuttlebug unless there's an argument for holding onto a manual machine as well. I do also own a Cameo which I can say I've used, but not very often. My original die-cutter was the small QuicKutz squeeze tool, and when I upgraded to their 4" machine got rid of the small one. Then when I bought the Cuttlebug got rid of the 4" QK machine. I have enough stuff vying for space, without hanging onto machines I don't need. The only reason the Cameo is still here is because I don't feel like I've given it a chance yet. I use it so infrequently I need to re-learn what to do each time, and it's the thought of that process that keeps me from doing it.
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

I looked at more of that lady's posts and it looks likeable teaches at a small scrapbook store. So maybe that explains it.
Debi Daugherty
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Yep - she would put all those tools to use if she teaches. When cut files are selling at $2-3 each (plus shipping), you could put all those machines to good use and pay for them quickly.
Pam Cook #48
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

The first thing that popped into my head when Keitha said she was struggling on whether or not to keep the Cuttlebug was, “what if the electricity is out”!
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Debbie J wrote:The first thing that popped into my head when Keitha said she was struggling on whether or not to keep the Cuttlebug was, “what if the electricity is out”!

Yes, Keitha, keep one manual die cutting machine. As much as I love my Gemini Jr and use it a lot, I’d be upset if there was a malfunction or breakdown and need to cut some dies. Electronics can go bad on us. I still have my Big Shot and Big Shot Plus. I guess it’s time to donate the smaller one. I’m keeping the big one since I have a few dies and embossing folders that wouldn’t fit in the G Jr.

As for that woman’s collection, she teaches or sells multiples of die or both I would hope. Those stickers I use for my BUJO are made by Kayla Mason. She has about a dozen Silhouettes that grind out her stickers for her business. But that is her living.

And Keitha, I may have seen the same room you were talking about. A craft room that was as beautiful as the latest modern kitchen makeover. But with so many closed cupboards I would forget what I own. It was to neat and tidy. But then have you watched Jennifer McGuire’s old video when she re-did her craft room? Same thing. But at least it’s her business and she certainly does create.
FARLEY in Sacramento
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Thanks ladies, for your thoughts on keeping a manual machine. A power outage was my first thought as well, but it's more the idea that things can go wrong with electronics as Farley said that resonates with me. So as long as I have plates, a place to put it and the thing works, I'll keep my Cuttlebug. Plus there's also the remote possibility that someone would come over to craft and it would be helpful to have it.